Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:50:28 AM

Author Topic: Need HELP with Mach3 Setup  (Read 11589 times)

Offline johnv

•  43 43
    • View Profile
Re: Need HELP with Mach3 Setup
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 05:47:36 PM »
Ok dont think your drives should need it but might we worth trying Sherline mode.
Hood
OK went to Ports & Pins window and checked Sherline. Reset and still no luck.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 06:08:48 PM »
Maybe change the Step and Dir active state, have all the same (whether High or Low) and see if that helps, some drives are finicky about that.
Hood

Offline johnv

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 07:12:12 PM »
Maybe change the Step and Dir active state, have all the same (whether High or Low) and see if that helps, some drives are finicky about that.
Hood
Tried it both ways, still no rotation.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 02:14:22 AM »
I dont think it can be your settings as you seem to be saying you can scope a nice pulse but will have a look anyway if you attach your xml. You will have to rename it before the forum will accept, suggest you rename it to johnv.xml

Hood

Offline johnv

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 10:01:24 AM »
I dont think it can be your settings as you seem to be saying you can scope a nice pulse but will have a look anyway if you attach your xml. You will have to rename it before the forum will accept, suggest you rename it to johnv.xml

Hood
If you mean my website, I don't have one. I will however send the pics of my setup by email or I will figure a way to get them on flickr and give you the address.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 11:02:06 AM »
I am meaning the xml for Mach, it is a file that stores all of the Mach settings. It will be in the Mach 3 folder on your drive. If you use the standard mill profile it will be called Mach3Mill.xml, if you have a custom profile it will be named after your profile.
Hood

Offline johnv

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 11:35:40 AM »
I am meaning the xml for Mach, it is a file that stores all of the Mach settings. It will be in the Mach 3 folder on your drive. If you use the standard mill profile it will be called Mach3Mill.xml, if you have a custom profile it will be named after your profile.
Hood
[/quote}]OK  Found it and renamed it. How do I insert it in the post?

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
John,

You mentioned earlier that sometimes you were getting motion and sometimes you were not.    Almost sounds like an intermittent connection somewhere,  maybe something to do with the enable line?

Another place to check (I got bit by this once) signal commons.  

I converted an old machine once for the local high school that bought this machine 10 years earlier, used it for 1 week, and it died and the mfg was no longer in business.   I didn't use a breakout board just wired the parallel port directly to drivers and switches using pullups and current limiters, but forgot to bring the parallel port ground over to the 5v signal common.   It would run fine sometimes depending on what outlets it was plugged into,  then other times only half the machine would work.

Arnie

Offline johnv

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 01:39:14 PM »
zarzul, thank you for your worthwhile suggestions, and Hood, thank you for your patience in sticking in there with me. This morning I went into the startup folder of xp and moved out all unnecessary start-up programs. Tried running Mach3 and the same results. Just a click (single step) here and there. Went back and clicked on the Sherline extended pulse and all three motors are running fine. My only problem now is I don't know what corrected the issue.  Thanks again. I hope I can count on you in the future.
John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
Good you are going now, its annoying when you dont actually know what cured it but at least its sorted and thats the main thing :)
Hood