Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Inaccurate routing  (Read 7578 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Inaccurate routing
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »
Bob,
I'll post something after i try out the new compensation in Mach. There are some rules that apply and no use
me confusing you and myself. Till then,
RICH

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 11:24:59 PM »
Bob

it is good to see you are getting it sorted out.here is a little code that will cut a pocket for that circle i gave you.it uses the same tool.used the long form style to help with the relation between code and cutting.

bill
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 01:27:26 PM »
Bill,
I don't feel confident using something I didn't generate myself using VCarvePro -- I'm still too new at this to read Gcode, and I'm afraid that if I don't enter things like Z zero or cut depth through the procedures that I already am familiar with then I may screw something up that will damage my machine. I have both profiled  and pocketed circles and squares now, and that has convinced me that my machine is within the accuracy tolerances that I need. But I appreciate your effort and help, and I cut both those square and circles because of your suggestion.
Thanks again, Bob

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 05:39:52 PM »
Bob

glad to see you are building confidence in you setup.the reason i suggested my code for testing is that it cuts circles using true arcs and not line segments. a good circle is the hardest thing to cut on a mill,that is
why it is the best for testing. it sounds like you got your machine pretty solid now. i wish you good machining.

bill
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 08:07:55 PM »
Thanks, Bill. I really appreciate your consideration.
All the best, Bob