Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:37:05 AM

Author Topic: jogging with multimedia keyboard's volume control knob  (Read 2886 times)

jogging with multimedia keyboard's volume control knob
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:23:07 AM »
There's a cool device shown in the plugins section called "Powermate". After looking at it a thought crossed my mind. Is it possible to create a plugin for the volume control knobs on multimedia keyboards for jogging. I have a Dell SK-8135 keyboard with multimedia keys and a volume control knob. It would be very handy if that knob can be used for jogging. I have no experience with plugins. Maybe some programming gurus out there can answer this question.

Zafar

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: jogging with multimedia keyboard's volume control knob
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:39:08 AM »
The jogging function is not analogue, it is digital, i.e. the speed of traverse is set in the motor settings page. All the jogging arrows do is tell the computer which axis to move in which direction.

I use both Mill and Turn and I find the Turn jogg much better, in that it jogs at full speed if you press down the shift key, and when you release it, it drops to the speed setting percentage. This is not available on Mill, but I feel it would be of great advantage (unless I have missed something)
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.