Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 02:48:23 PM

Author Topic: Device Monitor Screen and Quadrature output  (Read 2700 times)

Offline 4z7

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Device Monitor Screen and Quadrature output
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:42:14 PM »
I'm converting a 3 axis mill from stepper to servo motors using SS and have the following questions.

1.  The Device Monitoring Screen has display box for 5 encoders.  Are these motor feedback encoders or MPG's?  Where would you connect five encoders to SS and what function would SS do with the information?  Does SS provide  S/D velocity or position corrections during coordinated axis motion?  Besides motor feedback for spindle speed and Z axis position on Terminal block 3 used for threading, are there any advantages  for X and Y position feedback to SS?

2.  My servo drives accept differential step and direction or differential quadrature (A+-,B+-) input.  The drives will work with single ended S/D (not recommended by the drive mfg.) which is how they are currently running.  The SS config has option for quadrature drive output on all axis.  Would this be single ended output?  Is differential output possible in S/D or quadrature?

3.  Can someone explain what AXIS DIAG- Diffs and Tlts for X,Y,Z are in the Device Monitoring Screen?

4.  Can someone explain what Probe Reg for X,Y,Z ,A are in the Device Monitoring Screen?

Hood,
Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge on this forum.  I very much appreciate your contributions.