Hello Guest it is June 05, 2024, 07:35:29 AM

Author Topic: Machj 3 Turn Tool Offset Questions  (Read 7187 times)

Machj 3 Turn Tool Offset Questions
« on: September 01, 2023, 03:14:47 AM »
Hoping someone can put some clarification into this for me please:

1) If I set my tool 1 as a master do I need to call it a master somewhere or is tool 1 always the master?

2) Ok so I have set my master tool to zero on a surface. Next is to bring tools 2,3,4 up to the same surface, the X for example, and hit the touch X button. I have a 4 tool turret. When I change from tool #1 to tool #3 (example) I am setting the offset for. Do I change by T0301 or do I change it T0303 and then zero it. Found this a tad confusing.

3) Diameter mode. I use Fusion 360. Threading. This is a Fusion setting which asks for the thread depth. Do I set it to depth diameter or half being radius?

4) Setting the Z on a LH tool no problem. But if I am setting a LH tool up I am unable to touch the part on the X like the RH tool. Would I bring it up level with the X surface I touched off on?

5) Same for a grooving or cutoff tool. Which side of the tool do I touch off with? Ive seen both ways on youtube. Do I set the chuck edge or the forward edge?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Machj 3 Turn Tool Offset Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 04:36:15 PM »
Haha dont all jump in at once I only have so much time to read lol. Never mind I worked it out mostly but it would have been nice to know the background of it all.
Re: Machj 3 Turn Tool Offset Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 04:41:22 PM »
Sorry but I am a manual tool change guy. Put I'm tool, touch off surface, type in height, press cycle start. All that fancy tool changer stuff is above my pay grade.