Hello Guest it is June 04, 2024, 04:02:24 PM

Author Topic: Servo system 'lost position' but not zero  (Read 6576 times)

Servo system 'lost position' but not zero
« on: July 03, 2023, 12:55:03 AM »
Hey Folks,

I just set up an Ultimate Bee system running ihsv57 servos for a sort of grand pen plotting experiment. I'm still taking it through its paces and just ran into a strange issue. I was running a long file and a few hours in it appeared to lose it's zero, I paused the job, and noticed the mach3 digital display appeared to also be off? I didn't get a screenshot but I tried to mock it up in the second image attached. What's odd is that the machine didn't lose it's zero. i hit 'return to zero' and it went right home, and then I ran from the middle of the file right where the error started and it started right back in the correct position.

A mystery to me, but seeing as it rendered the error in Mach3 I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing. anyone see this before or have any ideas?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 07:24:38 PM by Tweakie.CNC »
Re: Servo system 'lost position' but not zero
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 09:32:16 PM »
First update, I ran the file a bit longer and noticed the error may be occurring timed to when my air conditioning kicks on?! I'm going to borrow a multimeter w/ min/max logging and see if I can get some more info on this this weekend, right now I'm going to keep running things in my hot apt, lol. Hopefully, it's a temporary fix and maybe I can get some hardware to help with the power issue if that's what it turns out to be. I still can't explain the maintained zero though ??? If the servo's keep their position I guess I assumed the gcode would still run properly line to line? maybe that's a global, relative thing.. I'm in G90 tho.. I attached my .gcode as a .txt, but yeah I'm leaning toward a power issue.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,208 9,208
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Servo system 'lost position' but not zero
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 02:53:18 AM »
It may not be relevant but dependant on graphic card capability Mach3 can struggle with executing large GCode files. The solution to this has been to turn off the Tool Path display (Diagnostics page). This in turn enables Mach to concentrate on the GCode interpretation / trajectory planning and not have the additional task of handling the graphics.

Just a thought.

Tweakie.
PEACE