Hello Guest it is May 23, 2024, 04:44:53 AM

Author Topic: No contract with probe error if trying to use touch off after changing tool  (Read 646 times)

Hey team. I have repeated this error 3 times now to validate.

You load up some gcode and at some point in that code, its time to change tools.
Cycle gcode start -> run some stuff -> tool change

So after changing the tool, while everything is still stopped, the touch button is greyed out. No worries though... just stop the cycle.  Then execute your Z touch... except... once you click touch -> click the z touch... you get an immediate "no contact with probe" error and the system goes into disable state.

Tried this 3 times with multiple programs same result. This is a bug right?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,683 2,683
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
First place I would look is in the tool change code for a command that turns a signal off or swaps it.
Without engineers the world stops
Hi,

Tried this 3 times with multiple programs same result. This is a bug right?

Probably not.

What motion controller are you using? Most motion controllers regard a probe move, ie a g31, where the probe does notmake contact as a fail and stops Mach4.
However there are circumstances where you might use a g31 instead of a g1 and you are not expecting the probe to make contact. The controller will stop Mach none-the-less.

The Ethernet SmoothStepper has a setting (Configure/Plugins/ESS/Probing tab) that determines its behaviour when a non-contact event occurs, by default Mach will stop. You may want to change it.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Its an IMMEDIATE no contact with probe error. It does not move even a hint. So its erroring before the touch procedure even starts. I will check that setting... but it is odd.

Using a pokeys57cnc.