Hello Guest it is October 17, 2021, 07:17:09 PM

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - blake374

Pages: 1
General Mach Discussion / Help! Vibrating motors and hotwire!!
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »

I just finished building a 4 axis foam cutter and I can't get the hotwire to stop vibrating (makes terible cuts).  I have a gecko g540 and I used the trim port to adjust for slow speed smoothness of my steppers.  When I had the motors on my bench I noticed that when I jogged them they ran very smooth with no vibration.  When I ran my gcode for a couple flat shapes the motor really vibrated at the exact same speed.  I have put G64 at the top of my code and it dosn't fix the probllem

I am using desk cnc to write my code.

Help! I am using a dirrect belt drive and I really think it is causign at least some of the wire vibration.


General Mach Discussion / Desk cnc with mach 3
« on: February 27, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »

I am getting some vibration in my 4 axis foam cutter wire.  I want to make sure it is not caused by the g-code I am using.

Can anyone tell me the best way to set up desk cnc to use the 4 axis gcode in mach?

What are the essential things that need to be set in deskcnc?

I can e-mail a sample of g-code to anyone that wants to see


General Mach Discussion / Changing axis dirrection
« on: February 13, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »

I am pretty new to Mach3.  I am running a 4 axis foam cutter with two x and y axis's that mirror each other.  Is there a way to change the dirrection of an individual axis using mach3.  For example, if I want to one or two of the y axis's moving in the opposite dirrection, can I do this? Thanks


I was planning on generating g-code with deskcnc to use in Mach3 to run my cnc hotwire.  I am un sure of how I am going to create the shapes that I want to cut and use them with the software.  I will be creating fairly simple shapes, but I will to be need to able to resize portions of the shape by an 1/8th of an inch.  It might be called offsetting the shape but I don't know because I am new! ;D  Thanks a bunch for reading and any advice you could give would be great!


Pages: 1