Hello Guest it is January 20, 2022, 09:55:24 PM

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Tony Bullard

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
141
Thanks Hood. Where can I find the option? I don't see it in general Logic Config or Ports and Pins or Motor Tuning.

Tony

142
To all those reading this thread as reference purposes, please note that the sherline 1/2 pulse checked sorted out the problem. the motors are turning fine now. Tweaky was fantastic is assisting me patiently to isolate the problem.
May thanks to the adminstrators for setting up this forum. it was a life saver.
Heres to a long happy cnc journey!
Thys

What do you mean "please note that the sherline 1/2 pulse checked sorted out the problem. the motors are turning fine now." What is sherline 1/2 pulse? Thanks for any help. Tony
 

143
VB and the development of wizards / Re: macropump & LCD
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
hmmm try this:
'macropump.m1s

BlinkControl = GetUserDRO(1700) 'every 5 counts (1/2 seconds) it shows or hides the "Z"

if BlinkControl >= 0 and BlinkControl < 5 then
SetUserLabel (103,"Z" & Format (GetDro(2), "+000.0000;-000.0000"))
BlinkControl = BlinkControl + 1
SetUserDRO(1700, BlinkControl)
end if

if BlinkControl >= 5 and BlinkControl < 10 then
SetUserLabel (103," " & Format (GetDro(2), "+000.0000;-000.0000"))
'NOTE the "Z" has been replaced with a space character " "
BlinkControl = BlinkControl + 1
SetUserDRO(1700, BlinkControl)
end if

if BlinkControl > 9 then
SetUserDRO(1700, 0)
end if

'scott

Pretty clever Scott, having the macropump frequency do the timing. I like it!

Tony

144
General Mach Discussion / Re: Bug in Version Update?
« on: April 15, 2011, 07:37:52 AM »
Thanks Garry. I agree the DORs have always been radius DROs and the old screens were labeled Diameter but if you entered a diameter the old software would divide it by 2 before making further calculations. Look at the difference in estimated run time on the tool path tab of my old and new screens. The old screens show the correct time with a diameter entered. In the changelog I believe “Rotational Dia feed changed to Radius rather then Dia” means the screen labels were changed and the divide by 2 was eliminated.

Anyways, if anybody is using old or old customized screens or code to populate the DROs with the new version software they will have to make some changes.

Tony

145
General Mach Discussion / Re: Bug in Version Update?
« on: April 14, 2011, 12:38:03 PM »
From Mach3 ChangeLog:

Dec 23/2009
Release 3.042.033
-- Fix for - scale and IJK arc commands
-- Spindle speed register expanded for computers over 3GHz (they where reading - speed)
-- Rotational feed correction fixed for moves with Z axis !=0

-- Rotational Dia feed changed to Radius rather then Dia


146
General Mach Discussion / Re: Bug in Version Update?
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »

I see what the difference is now. See attached. Thanks to anyone who has been scratching there head. I will will have to edit my screen sets.
Tony

147
General Mach Discussion / Bug in Version Update?
« on: April 14, 2011, 08:43:43 AM »

I’m testing and comparing angular and rotary G-Code in Mach3 Version R3.042.029 and the newest, ? , R3.043.022. In the later the Program Run Time Estimates are exactly twice that of the earlier version and that calculated. Here are the Criteria. 5” diameter work piece calculated to be about 15.7” in circumference. Feed rate = 15.7” per minute. Command = G01 A 360. I understand that to be one full turn. The new version estimates that command to take 2.00 minutes. I calculate it to take one. I believe the new version is using the A Diameter DRO as a radius in its calculations. Attached are screen shots of my settings from both versions. Am I misunderstanding things or is there an error? Thanks for any input.

Tony

148
General Mach Discussion / Re: New program for pipe coping
« on: January 11, 2011, 07:54:15 AM »
Another good point TP, thanks. I believe I've set the code up for rotary axis direction as follows:

Looking at the "drop" end of the tube, the end that you aren't going to use, a positive rotation is clockwise, negative is counterclockwise. So in Mach you'd have to set up your rotary axis rotation accordingly.

Hmm,,, I'll have to check my saddle code though. I'm still trying to get rid of that "bad character" in my output files. It's a hidden character that Windows programs use to identify which type of text file it is---- Plain text, Rich text, HTML etc. NotePad and others see and understand what that character means and loads without displaying it. Today I've got to put my head in Visual Basic 2008 to see what I can do about it.

Tony

149
General Mach Discussion / Re: New program for pipe coping
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »
Geez TP, easy on me. My brain is still somkin. I guess the easiest way to do that would be to zero at the end and have the first Y move come back (the max Y travel)+ kerf. I'll work on it.

Thanks again. Istill have a lot of tunin up to do.

Tony

150
General Mach Discussion / Re: New program for pipe coping
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:25:27 AM »
Don't bother, I still have math problems.

Oops! not really.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »