Hello Guest it is May 31, 2023, 12:20:40 PM

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Bamber

Pages: 1
General Mach Discussion / Problems using G41 with G91
« on: July 09, 2009, 10:20:57 AM »
Having decided to move my drivers from the plastic case that they came in into a metal case so that they are screened I looked for details of the cutouts required for DB9 connectors.  I found that some G code was included for this job in the MACH3 release, in shapes.tap, BUT it is in Absolute mode and I wanted a positionless subroutine for multiple cutouts in s single program.  I did the conversion and the results were somewhat interesting :-

If the subroutine is run at the position where the toolpath has been regenerated it is almost correct, but the finish co-ordinates are slightly off, but when you move away from the regereration point and call it again you get some very interesting paths cut/dispalyed.

I am attaching a self extracting zip containing a readme file along with various implementations of the code and the xml file that I was using. MACH3 Versioin R3.042.020

I also ran it on my internet machine, demo license Version R2.63 with the default xml with very similar results


Pages: 1