Hello Guest it is May 21, 2024, 07:36:12 PM

Author Topic: Is it possible to Upgrade the mach3 licence?  (Read 5081 times)

Is it possible to Upgrade the mach3 licence?
« on: July 19, 2023, 10:56:13 AM »
Hello,

I`m using Mach3 R3.042.020 with a german screen set.

Now I`m trying to install an Ethernet SmoothStepper and a Pokeys 57U to my system. But I`m getting error messages all the time when I copied the plugins
into the mach3 folder.

So I tried a newer version of mach3 and all plugins worked perfectly. But now Mach3 is running in demo mode althougt I copied my mach1lic.dat into the mach3 folder.
Through internet research I found out that the older licence files can`t unlock the new mach3 versions.

Is there a way to upgrade/unlock the newer mach3 versions besides buying a completly new version?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,204 9,204
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to Upgrade the mach3 licence?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 01:08:51 AM »
Common reasons Mach3 license will not license software…

- The Mach3 license must be named Mach1Lic.dat, any variation to that name and the software cannot see the license file and it will revert to demo.
- You must be using a user account on the PC and running Mach3 with Administrative privileges or the software will not license. You can give Mach3 administrative privileges by right-clicking the shortcut, going to Properties, Advanced, and selecting 'Run as Administrator.'
- Mach3 must be installed in the C: drive of the PC.
- The license file needs to be placed in the Mach3 root file directory of the software all by its self with all the other individual files not in any sub folder or it will not license the software.
-Turn off any antivirus software you may be running. Those programs can interfere with Mach3 and should not be used during any cutting operations.
- The version must be a valid one. There are many cracked version of Mach3 available that will not work properly and are unsupported. Always use the versions of Mach3 from our Machsupport.com website to ensure that you are using a valid version of Mach3.
- There are many cracked license files out there, some may take you version out of Demo but they will run right. When you click on the help then the about tabs it opens a window that shows if the software is license and if so to whom. If the name in the license too box is not yours or the name of the company that sold it to you it could be a pirated license file. Submit a ticket for support and send them a copy and we can verify that it is valid or not.
- If you are still having issues with license submit a ticket to the support team.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 05:26:29 PM »
Thanks for your reply.
I gave it today another try and installed mach3 on a completly new Win7 System.

My purchased version runs with the supplied licence file, if I updated it to a higher version it switched into demo mode.
I tried everything you suggestet but it didn`t changed anything
It is a wellknown german reseller with a good screen set, so I asume it is a legal copy and license. Unfortunatly they don`t support Mach3 anymore.

Just to be clear, all Mach3 license files should unlock every version of Mach3 regardless where and when I bought it?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,204 9,204
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 01:37:58 AM »
As said earlier...

When you click on the help then the about tabs it opens a window that shows if the software is license and if so to whom. If the name in the license too box is not yours or the name of the company that sold it to you it could be a pirated license file.

Contact Mach Support to check;  https://www.machsupport.com/contact-us/

Tweakie.
PEACE