Hello Guest it is May 08, 2024, 11:27:58 AM

Author Topic: homing Mach4  (Read 565 times)

homing Mach4
« on: July 17, 2021, 06:03:34 PM »
I have Pokeys57E with a CNC4PC multifunction board running Mach4 which was great when setup in 2018.
Something went funny with my single motor machine and I had to reinstall and configure everything.
Everything is working now except for homing.  It will home and hit the limit switch and reverse off the switch then reset position.
However I need the motor (A axis rotary) to move back to 0 position about 10 degrees.  When I originally set up the system, I believe I
put in the amount of steps to back off.  Now that option is not available.  Pokeys tech support says I should control homing etc
from Mach4 and not the Pokeys software.  I believe I originally controlled backlash and homing behavior from the Pokeys software.
At this point neither CNC4PC nor Pokeys have been responsive to my questions.  Is this a Pokeys or a CNC4PC or a Mach4 issue?

Thanks
Re: homing Mach4
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 04:13:52 AM »
when you use pokeys with mach the only thing you use pokeys software is the additional card like porelay
all other config are only from mach some from plug in bit nothing from pokeys software