Hello Guest it is May 14, 2024, 11:02:56 AM

Author Topic: Some clarification (if possible)  (Read 4964 times)

Some clarification (if possible)
« on: March 03, 2012, 04:28:30 PM »
New LCAM user, and having a little difficulty with things that I would think would be both straightforward and easy.
I've read Rich's manual, thank you for that.  This would be completely uncomprehensable without it. 

First, it appears that for compensated cuts the diameter (D) parameter is not added. Is this true?  Easy enough to add by hand, but...

Second, No units declaration (G20/21) is added to header.  Also true?  Can't find where to set and include that.  Also easy enough to add by hand, but....

I can't seem to get a handle on the drill routines.  Most of the time that option is grayed out, even after declaring holes as 'drill select holes' on a seperate layer.  Sometimes it seems to activate itself, for no apparent reason.  ??

Can't mix metric and imperial tools in the same job without re-entering them and converting the values?  It seems that should be handled internally easily enough?

Select/multi-select/de-select seems flakey, and will un-select a carefully selected series of widgits for no apparent reason.  I'm really, really careful with my mouse...

There's more, but this is some of the starting things I don't understand.  Maybe I'm just dense.

Thanks for any help offered.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Some clarification (if possible)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 05:41:32 PM »
LazyCam is an dxf imported, it cares not if metric or imperial since a unit is a unit, so draw in metric, use in metric, and configure Mach for metric for the posted code. Don't mix units.

Tools are the way they. It's a Beta product with no active developement now or in the future.

Selection is easy if one creates  the drawing with the proper layers. The selection never seemed flacky to me.

All I know about  drilling holes was written in the manual, pages 41 to 47.

RICH