Hello Guest it is June 02, 2024, 12:54:28 AM

Author Topic: Program Just stops  (Read 2004 times)

Program Just stops
« on: November 11, 2023, 03:20:50 PM »
Ok, have been using Mach 3 on old computer and had minor issues.  Upgraded to new computer and better board(pokeys 57 cnc board).  Now have issue with every program.  It either will not load and I have to cancel then reset then regen tool path.  The sometimes machine moves and cuts one thing and just stops and I cant reset program and spindle keeps going.  It also will cut and then on z retract just stops and shuts spindle off.  Any input would help as I am about to stop using this and upgrade to Centroid.  I am in the middle of a project that in the past has taken me 3 hours to cut 6 pieces to got 2 cut because of the program acting up.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,206 9,206
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Program Just stops
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 01:11:02 AM »
Perhaps the first thing to check is that your new computer has all it’s power saving options turned off and that it is not connected to the internet or running any background tasks etc.

Which OS are you using ?

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 03:33:43 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 09:52:44 AM »
I honestly cant remember operating system I want to say it is windows 10.  I will check that, I know the screen saver come on.  It can happen on very first op.  I am also going to find a shielded usb cable or try the Ethernet cord again.  Forgot to add sometimes at the end of a program it start to retract z and just stops as if it was already back to G28.  I also notice while jogging when I stop moving the axis it makes a volant noise when it stops.  I did not think in Mach3 you can jog both X and Y at same time but sometimes it lets me and others it will not do it.  Thinking maybe I need to reload Mach3 but it will have to wait until after I finish this order.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 10:07:18 AM by Dizy5.0 »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,206 9,206
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 12:30:33 AM »
Some while back there were issues with Mach3 and a Win10 update. It was recommended to download the latest (a modified) version of mach3 from the Artsoft / NFS website and load it over the top of your existing version. This thread refers; https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=37291.0

Hope this helps,

Tweakie.
PEACE