Hello Guest it is May 19, 2024, 05:50:18 PM

Author Topic: Tool path movement on main screen  (Read 1297 times)

Tool path movement on main screen
« on: May 06, 2024, 07:12:55 PM »
Hi folks,
I seem to have lost my mouse tracking movement on the main page tool path screen (upper rte). I hope this makes sense but let's say I zoom in on the tool path, I cannot zoom in to 1 particular point or track the view or even move the tool path file around. I used to be able to zoom, pan, etc. but seem to have lost that.  I have tried shift and cmd with the mouse and it is not working. If I open up the actual tool path option screen in the lower tool menu there is an option to JOG FOLLOW and if I pick a point in that screen I can zoom in and look at a certain point, and pan, and cmd left click to move the entire path but it still won't work on the main screen. This used to work and for some reason does not anymore. I have attached a pic hopefully that helps explain a bit better.

Also is there anyone that is interested in building a somewhat simple unelaborate screen with a few functions? If so pls let me know and just an idea of what the cost might be??
Todd

Offline cncmagic

•  66 66
  • what me worry? heck...it ain't my machine anyway
    • View Profile
Re: Tool path movement on main screen
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 12:59:58 AM »
I had issues with the tool path function on my machines and simply did away with it...
What kind of screen changes are you looking for? most are fairly straight forward but I know I'm just a simpleton.. opps.. simple guy I mean ::)
any semblance of information posted to anything remotely  close to accuracy is merely coincidence. Use at you own discretion.. or play the lottery.. same odds

Offline cncmagic

•  66 66
  • what me worry? heck...it ain't my machine anyway
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 01:02:01 AM »
oooppps again.. I forgot to ask.. operating system? which Mach4 version, Hobby or Industrial?  :o
any semblance of information posted to anything remotely  close to accuracy is merely coincidence. Use at you own discretion.. or play the lottery.. same odds
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 03:06:58 AM »
Go back into the screen editor and on the Toolpath that isn’t working make sure ‘Mouse Capture’ is deselected in the options where you found ‘Jog follow’
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2024, 09:44:16 PM »
Go back into the screen editor and on the Toolpath that isn’t working make sure ‘Mouse Capture’ is deselected in the options where you found ‘Jog follow’

OH MAN YOU GOT IT!!! Thank you thank you!!!! That was driving me crazy and I have zero ideas how that changed.

Thank you all for the comments I greatly appreciate it.

I am still willing to pay someone to build me a (as cncmagic put it) simpleton screen set ;D
Todd