Hello Guest it is May 15, 2024, 02:21:34 AM

Author Topic: MPG movement erratic  (Read 4517 times)

MPG movement erratic
« on: May 25, 2023, 06:40:17 AM »
I'm having trouble with the CNC movement using my new MPG.

I recently connected the mpg (seen in first pic)
To this controller (second pic)
Wiring (as seen in 3rd pic)
I used the settings seen in "MPG Mach3 Settings.txt" attached

It works for the most part....
When I hit TAB and switch to MPG:
In Velocity mode, I get good smooth movement when the MPG multiplier is set to X1...
But when I switch to X10 or X100, (I have to hold down the side button on the MPG), the movement is so horrifically brutal, its like the acceleration/velocity in the motor tuning is completely ignored and sounds like a hammer is hitting the gantry (as if its trying to move way beyond the motor speed limits).
How do I fix this?

When I switch mode to Step:
X10 and X100 work perfectly, but it will not let me select X1... I have to click on 'cycle jog step' manually to get to X1

I have set 'jog increments in cycle mode' in 'general config' to 1/10/100 for the first three.
Ideally what I would like is for the MPG velocity mode to have the options of 1/10/100 to move things out of the way quickly when a job is finished....
And when setting up a job, using the MPG in step mode, X1 = 0.01, X10 = 0.1, X100 = 1.0
Re: MPG movement erratic
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 04:43:51 AM »
hello?

Offline sn96

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 06:15:23 AM »
I had that same card and mine gave me issues. I'm not saying your card is bad but I don't trust that type. My guess is something on that board is f' ing up your output signals or... you have a defective handheld unit. Doubtful its mach software and the motors seem to work fine without the mpg. Its something between mach3 and your motors.  Is my guess. Might need to bite the bullet and invest in another card to try to narrow down your problem. That's what I ended up doing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 06:19:21 AM by sn96 »
Mike
mach3 demo latest version
stepperonline 566 ozin closed loop stepper 4.0 driver for x and y
stepperonline 1699 ozin closed loop stepper 4.0 driver for the z
amazon no name brand usb controller
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2023, 06:44:17 PM »
Thing is though, the MPG only has trouble in certain mach3 modes.
It clearly shows each and every pulse being registered on the mach3 diagnostics tab, it has to be the mach3 settings
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2023, 06:59:02 PM »
Also, I do have 2 of these cards, both do the same identical thing