Hello Guest it is May 13, 2024, 08:24:30 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 question  (Read 4129 times)

Re: Mach 4 question
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2021, 04:35:27 AM »
The result was the same.
I haven't touched the probe manual switch.
Just press the Start button.
It took about 30 seconds to press the Start button and reach 0 to 5 mm.
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2021, 04:39:14 AM »
Hi,

I haven't touched the probe manual switch.

THATS WHY IT FAILING....you have to operate the probe switch before it reaches the end.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2021, 04:56:49 AM »
> THATS WHY IT FAILING .... you have to operate the probe switch before it reaches the end.

So does the probe move back and forth and left and right after it descends and touches the bottom of the gauge?

When I watch the video, it looks like the probe is descending and the probe is moving back and forth and left and right without touching anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LvV6iC3zmY
Around 3:50.
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2021, 05:00:55 AM »
Hi,
will you just try to operate the manual switch BEFORE the g31 endpoint. The error message you are getting is BECAUSE
Mach is not detecting a probe event.

Craig
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2021, 05:07:26 AM »
Hi,
you should not be running the probing  routines....you can't get a regular g31 block to execute let alone the probing routine.

Execute MDI g31 moves only. Once you have got that mastered then move on but not before.

Jog to 0,0,0 then MDI g31 z-50 f10 and make sure to manually open the probe circuit before the move terminates.

Craig
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2021, 05:20:58 AM »
understand.
I watched the video and learned about the function of Calibrate XY Offset.
However, it seems that he understood it by mistake.
Thank you for teaching me various things.
Now you can buy Mach4 with confidence.
Thank you for staying with us until the end.
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2021, 05:50:02 AM »
Hi,
kool, starting to make some progress.

A probe, a good one, should go open circuit if it touches and deflects in the Z axis AND/OR the X and Y axes as well.
As you now understand Mach is looking for, and will error out if it does not get, a probe event BEFORE the terminal
of the g31 move.

When I probe circuit boards I zero the Z axis on the top surface of the PCB. Thereafter the probing routine will move to a series of
preplanned x,y locations and probe in the Z axis. The moves are:

g31 z-2 f200
g0 z2
g0 x...y...
g31 z-2 f200
g0 z2
g0 x...y...    etc.

So the machine moves to a probe location, then probes  and expects, not only expects, but requires a probe event before the Z axis descends to
z=-2. It will stop, record the probe coordinates, retract to z=2 then rapid traverse to the next probe location.

Thus it would make no difference if I used this:
g31 z-20 f200
g0 z2
g0 x...y...
g31 z-20 f200

It would just mean that the machine will drive downwards until the probe event, lets say z=-0.054mm....but if the probe circuit were faulty it will carry on
and drive my probe tip to -20mm and totally wreck it. So there is distinct value in specifying a terminal g31 position so that a crash is not too catastrophic
should Mach/controller miss the probe event. On te other hand if I speciified:
g31 z-0.5 f200
g0 z2   etc
and at this particular location the top surface of the PCB is at -0.65mm then my probe would never detect the surface and throw an error such as you
have already seen.

A thorough understanding of how g31 works will help immensely when you go to write your own probing routines or try to diagnose faulty routines.

Craig
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2021, 11:55:28 PM »
This probe thing has me stumped as well. I think what Toshio.K is experiencing is something similar if not the same as me. I have a DIY probe connected to the machine set to open circuit upon probe touch.
While trying to run a probe calibration on x & y the probe descends in z direction then pauses at the predefined z probe height like it's ready to move/probe in the x or y direction but instead of moving it throws up the error

ESS: Failure! Probe0 never hit or the allowed distance was traveled. Switching from PROBING to NORMAL state.
ERROR: No contact with probe

My probe works fine if I use the touch button screen and perform single edge probes but if I try to use the multi axis x&y probe routines I get the same error.
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2021, 12:19:57 AM »
Mr.gyrojeremy.
Hello.

In your case, what's happening on a real milling machine?
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2021, 03:05:48 AM »
Just as I described above