Hello Guest it is May 17, 2024, 09:13:03 AM

Author Topic: Profile question, why does it become part of the cut?  (Read 3097 times)

Profile question, why does it become part of the cut?
« on: March 08, 2008, 10:46:26 PM »
As I understand it a profile object must be deleted otherwise the profile is also cut in LasyCam.  To me this does not make any sense as the profile should only be the boundary to a cut and any cutting should be inside or outside this as it is for example with SheetCam.   Having only looked at two programs I would like to understand logic behind the LazyCam approach.

Thanks

Warren

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: Profile question, why does it become part of the cut?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:43:18 AM »
what you are saying is correct----but Lcam is a work in progress and they keep changing it around maybe later it might work like that.
for now you just have to be aware that if it is on the screen it will try to write a toolpath for it.

bill
Re: Profile question, why does it become part of the cut?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:35:03 AM »
Agreed. The truth is that LazyCAM isn't really full blown CAM software. It is a means to go quickly from a CAD file to a g-code file, and back. There are a lot of things it lacks, but it is pretty easy to learn and quick to use too.

I'd think the logic with LazyCAM is that it gives you, in tool path, a what you see is what you get approach. It doesn't show cutter diameter or table size like other CAM packages do... but you can still do some pretty amazing things with it.