Hello Guest it is May 09, 2024, 05:00:41 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 xhc pendant issue  (Read 3962 times)

Mach3 xhc pendant issue
« on: July 18, 2023, 08:28:53 PM »
My first post, hi guys!
I was running Windows 10 mach3 with the xhc pendant for several years with no issues. The laptop seemed to get slower as time went on and started pausing the code (memory issue?) and then skipping lines of code occasionally.

I decided to get a new Windows 10 laptop with double the ram and much faster processor. I copied the entire mach3 directory over to the new computer, then installed the latest mach3 over top of it.

Now I'm getting the error "find no xhc ncusbpod" I can't figure it out, is it a different version of Windows 10 issue? I get the same issue with 2 different newer laptops on Windows 10. If I hook up the old laptop it works fine....

Any suggestions or help us appreciated!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,202 9,202
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 xhc pendant issue
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 03:08:15 AM »
Download the latest NcUsbPod.dll from the XHC website; http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/edownloads/220.html and then copy it to your Mach3 / Plugins folder

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 12:14:38 PM »
Thanks Tweakie!

I don't see the file you are referring to, do you mean this one? - WHB04B Driver V3-86-9

Regards,
Mike

Download the latest NcUsbPod.dll from the XHC website; http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/edownloads/220.html and then copy it to your Mach3 / Plugins folder

Tweakie.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 01:34:09 PM »

Tweakie.

Hi Tweakie, I loaded the correct file into the directory you told me, from that website. It says the dll is corrupt. Do you where else I could find the updated dll for download? The only others I can find are the older versions.

Regards, Mike

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,202 9,202
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 12:56:22 AM »
Hi Mike,

Perhaps try to copy the .dll file from your old laptop into the Mach3 / Plugins folder of your new laptop.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 10:45:19 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

I've already done that so I am trying to determine whether it is a pendant software issue, Windows 10 issue or laptop issue. I suspect it is the file you mentioned as my version is not the latest. Problem is when I connect to the site you told me about Chrome won't let me connect as it says it is a bad site for some reason. I ended up downloading from my cell phone then transferring to my laptop. So the file either got corrupted during this process or was already corrupt.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,202 9,202
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 11:49:13 AM »
Attached is a copy of the latest usbpod.dll
Extract it from the .zip into your plugins folder in the <profile> you are using.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 12:13:51 PM »
Thank for the help, I loaded the supplied file to the plugins directory. I started Mach3 with no errors this time so it appears the file is good. 

Unfortunately I'm still getting the error "find no xhc ncusbpod", I'm not sure where to look next?

Any ideas?

Regards, Mike

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,202 9,202
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2023, 01:33:45 AM »
Hi Mike,

Now apply the Win10 update fix which is detailed in this thread;  https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=37291.msg255042#msg255042

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2023, 11:15:55 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

I had already done the Mach3 update, so no luck there. I have emailed HXC support but no response yet. I will email Mach3 also.

Thank you for your help and guidance!
Mike