Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:35:31 PM

Author Topic: Home/Limits  (Read 22728 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Home/Limits
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 09:14:51 AM »
No problem :)
Hood
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 01:17:15 PM »
I"m really new to cnc, my background has been in photography I have a mini cnc router engraver that I would like to use for art projects, I cant seem to get a grasp on how to home the machine, there are no yellow lights when I hit the home switches, when i reference all the z axis is the only one that turns green the y moves to the bottom of the table, but doesn' t back off, the x axis does not move at all towards home.  I assume that because i cant do this simple thing, it makes it hard for anything else to go smoothely.  Also, when positioning a piece on the table and zeroing everything out why is it not possible to start from that point. could really use a little help!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
If you do not see the Home LEDs light when you hit the switches then it would seem you do not have the switches set up properluy in Ports and Pins.

You can just zero and run the code but your code may contain commands which send it to home and that may cause you problems.

Hood
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 02:34:58 PM »
Ive followed the instructions , i've checked and rechecked to c if they were right. should i go back and start over.  When i bought the machine over the internet there wasn;t very much info they did send a set up sheet and cd with mach3 attached when i got it set up everything was fine, i had all green lights on the x,y and z axis.  i purchased a lic copy and put it in the file and now i can only home the z axis. Ive watched the tutorials but again cant get the yellow home lights to come on.  Are the lights only on green when the axis is homed.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 04:04:57 PM »
On the diagnostics page you should see the LEDs light when you press them, so press the Home switch for X and the M1 Home should light, press Y home and M2 Home should light.

The LEDs at the side of the DROs will be red when not homed and green when homed.
Hood
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »
Thanks, I've hit the home switch and the m1 home switch nothing lights up.,  When the controller is turned off the yellow lights are there, as soon as i turn on the controller they are gone.
I was pretty sure that a green light is a good light its just on my z axis

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 05:36:49 PM »
Attach your xml and I will take a look, also if you have a link to the instructions you got that would help.
Hood
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 05:56:37 PM »
 sorry hood i dont know
my xml or what it is  ithink i attached the ins sheet but not sure where is the attachment button
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »
 I also found the xml file is it located in the mach 3 folder

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2014, 02:46:52 AM »
On the full reply page there is an additional options button, you use that to attach files.
It is best to zip them as the forum will only accept a file name to be attached once and the standard xml files will already have been attached. If you can not zip the files you will need to change the name to something unique, maybe lavalais.xml for example.

Hood