Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:37:21 PM

Author Topic: Lazycam Turn  (Read 14497 times)

Lazycam Turn
« on: December 19, 2008, 04:57:49 AM »
Need help with Lazycam Turn, having spent hours trying to create code from a dxf file, a simple shaft dia reduction as in the wizards and looked through lots of posts it seems Turn does not work!! Art was working on a new version, is it finished and working? or has anyone got Turn to work?
The Mill version is very good, easy to use and relyable.
Thanks
Mike

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Lazycam Turn
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 01:11:01 PM »
mikemill,
Post your dxf file and i will have a look at it.

LazyCam Turn works but can be a challenge. Have you taken a look at the info on Lazycam Turn that is in the members docs section of the forum? LazyCam Turn will be replaced by Lazyturn in the future.

RICH

MODIFIED: HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE LAZCAM TURN MANUAL
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,8426.msg53573.html#msg53573
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 01:41:02 PM by RICH »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 01:37:24 PM »
Hi, Mike

LazyCam Turn is a Bata version as is LazyTurn at this time.

LazyTurn is being worked on and at this time will do Rough Passes very well at this point.

LazyCam Turn will for the most part generate a finish pass, If you just load your dxf and use the Optomize function and Post the Gcode file,

Then you can Paste the 2 files together and cut your Part.

We are all hopping that in the near future that both versions will merge together and graduate past the Bata versions Status.

To use LazyTurn, Download and install LazyCam 3.00.2 Update

In Downloads near to bottom of page, http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php

Then install latest http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,5767.500.html

Posted on Page 50, Posts: 513 File * LazyTurnDec17.zip ", Copy the File to your C:\Mach3 Folder.

Post your dxf on the LazyTurn Thread and will look at it.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 06:40:52 AM »
Rich
My reasoning to learn how to operate LC Turn, was to emulate code produced by the wizards as we know they work. I had downloaded your LC Turn manual, which is helpfull and although you mention the addition of a line to represent start point and material diameter, I failed to realize it is fundamental to the operation of the program. However if the vertical line is connected to the 'toolpath line' I get some very strange code, but if it is not connected Turn seems to work. So I have made some progress, but several issues remain. If my dxf is a 1" bar to be turned down to 0.5" dia an 1" long, wizard code shows the Z lines as a minus value, but code generated by LC Turn shows plus value, however it still works!! there is no feedrate box, so rate generated is F 60.00 and has to be corrected via 'Edit Code'
I then tried a more complex shape and again very strange code was produced. so still confused

Chip
Would you recommend to forget about LC Turn, and start again with LazyTurn, and is there any info on how to use new version?

Thanks for your help

Mike

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 09:51:49 AM »
Mike,
There is no info on Lazyturn other than the postings, but, it is easier then Lazycam Turn and intuitive.
So it won't take you long to be able to get roughing results out of it, even for complex profiles.
LazyTurn, as of this time, will not give you profile cuts where Lazycam Turn will. So in the interim, if you want finish
profile gcode you are going to need something else to provide them. The wizards can be used for a complex profile
but you need to piece meal it together.
Learnings / familarization from Lazycam Turn will help you, to some degree, with the Mill side in Lazycam.

Code out of LC Turn does produce some unwanted code, and as lightly noted in the manuals, you need to pay attention.

Please post your DXF's. I makes helping you easier on my side.

As far as placing lines on the profile in Lazycam Turn:
I suggest you create a dxf representing only the part of the profile you want, generate the code, and cut/paste/edit.
You can play around with addional lines on the profile but i can't give you any guidelines on what to expect.
You can manipulate the profile in the PROJECT down at the chain level, but,.....just how much fun do you want to have ?.

RICH

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 03:40:15 PM »
Hi, Mike

I'm using both, LazyTurn for the Rough and LazyCam Turn for the Finish profile, When finish profiles are implemented in LazyTurn there wont be a need to use both.

As I stated earlier: " LazyCam Turn will for the most part generate a finish pass, If you just load your dxf and use the Optomize function and Post the Gcode file, Then you can Paste the 2 files together and cut your Part".

We are all hopping that in the near future that both versions will merge together and graduate past the Bata versions Status.

Chip
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 09:33:45 AM »
Hi Rich & Chip
Have downloaded LazyTurn,it seems a lot simpler than its predecessor, have loaded dfx, and selected tool, pushed rough, but LazyTurn seems to ignore drawing shape, can't find optimize do you mean options? Here is DXF and Gcode, where am I going wrong?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:37:20 AM by mikemill »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 09:56:27 AM »
mikemill
Repost your dxf it has "0" for size.
Also in the tap file, which will run after if you editing it to add a ")" after the year.
Coments in gcode require (******************xx).
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 10:16:38 AM »
MIKE,
I'll post a little tutorial for you and also a dxf file for turning a 1" diameter down to 1/2" dia for length of 1" .
Need my coffee first!
RICH
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 11:06:24 AM »
Rich
We are now dealing with LazyTurn so current tap different to earlier post, here is dfx file again, I understand comment line but that's what LazyTurn generated.

Mike