Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:06:48 AM

Author Topic: Has this Topic Died?  (Read 6695 times)

Has this Topic Died?
« on: December 17, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »
Seems like this took off really well to begin with, did everyone loose interest?  If so, that is sad.   :-[

Merry Christmas everyone!
Re: Has this Topic Died?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »
>> Seems like this took off really well to begin with, did everyone loose interest?

The numbers of "times read" for these posts keeps going up. So there is still some interest.

I think we are just stalled at the moment. Not much progress can be made until the 3d Video Probe plugin is easier to use and more reliable. We also need a good set of DIY plans and some tutorials on how to make a 3d Video Probe and how to use one effectively.

Art is too busy to do much with his 3d Video Probe plugin. He has graciously passed his source code on to me, and possibly on to others. I  am slowly proceeding to learn from Art's method and evolve my own.

I am planning to attend the Mach seminar at Cabin Fever. However, health issues may prevent that. If I make it there I will show my probe whenever accessories are shown. Probably Saturday afternoon. I plan to attend Sunday when they will discuss advanced topics like plugins.

I also hope to have my probe running most of the weekend. But I need to line up a machine, preferably a Sherline mill with spindle and motor removed.

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net
Re: Has this Topic Died?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 01:12:12 PM »
Well, please keep me in the loop.  I've got a machine and I'm going to be making an adapter for the "Z" axis so I can swap from spindle to camera/laser.  Thanks and good luck.