Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:16:22 PM

Author Topic: V2.82 ready for test, also for Tormach users  (Read 22546 times)

V2.82 ready for test, also for Tormach users
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:49:29 PM »
I have fixed a few more problems and added code to test for Tormach users. This version should now work fine for alll Mach users. The only problem is Tormach users will not see a description in the tool table display, instead they will get the word "Unknown"

I have fixed the Preview code in Cut Rectangle to properly disply depth per pass.

I have fixed the label in Circular Pocket, now it goes in the direction requested and the miling type matches.

Let me know if there are any problems. I really want to hear form a Tormach user. The ares to watch are the Material handling on the first screen, editing operations on the main screen, and the tool table. Otherwise Tormach users are identical to regular Mach users.

I hate doing this, but I just changed v2.82
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:00:06 PM by Ron Ginger »
Re: V2.82 ready for test, also for Tormach users
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 08:07:27 PM »
I replaced the V2.82 file just after posting it- I think about 6 guys had loaded it.

What I fixed is a long standing problem that has bugged me, but I finally found an easy fix.

Because the wizards are designed to let you build a complex part from several operations there is code in there to check each operation to see if its using the same tool as the last one. If so it does not output an M6 T# or an M3 S###.

Problem was it started up with tool num as 0. If you use tool 0 in your first operation, then it did not do the tool change or M3. I just fixed it so it always starts with tool num as -1 and speed as -1. This causes the M6 and M3 to output on every first operation.

This got me today when I used the surface wizard and it didnt put out the M3. It finally annoyed me enough to figure out how to fix it. I was always unwilling to fix it because every operation uses that code, I didnt want to have to fix it in 30 places, but with this fix I only had to fix the init file.

Let me know if this causes any problems.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:09:10 PM by Ron Ginger »

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 09:51:03 PM »
Do I just unzip all the files into the Addons/Newfangled directiory?

Thanks

Vince
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 10:45:21 PM »
yes, these files should wind up in Addons\Newfangled

Note that the zip file has the name Newfangled282. Do not let that default as the folder name, there are references to other files that depend on the correct folder name
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:47:26 PM by Ron Ginger »

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:24:26 AM »
Doing a Tread Mill wizard.... M6 T? ,Spindle direction,and Coolant function, all disappear after previewing twice.

All other fixes look good :)
HTH
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 08:07:48 AM »
Ok, I found that. The preview code is not supposed to use the tool and speed numbers, just show the code. I wonder if any other Preview buttons do that?

Ill have to dig around and see what I find

Thanks for the note.

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 08:12:19 AM »
I tried the Preview on Circle Pocket and Cut Rectangle, and they generate correct Gcode  to Mach3.
HTH
Troy
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 08:52:13 AM »
I just checked and the Surface and Thread operation were resetting the tool number in the preview. All the others are OK

Ive made the fixes, and started a V2.83. I wont put it up yet, Ill wait to see if we find any more troubles in 2.82. I hate to keep posting new versions.

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 09:14:32 AM »
Dont know why but when i Make a Gcode from Cut Rectangle wizard ,and run program for first time i get a very odd tool comp.But if i stop program, and reset program,the next time i run program the comp move works fine.
Troy

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 09:25:53 AM »
Got the comp problem to repeat about 3 times in a row. Just tried to do it again, and now the problem wont repeat. :-\ Got me whats up.
Troy