Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:20:47 AM

Author Topic: LazyCAM 2.56 MachManIP MFC Errors  (Read 17994 times)

LazyCAM 2.56 MachManIP MFC Errors
« on: July 08, 2006, 03:42:57 PM »
Brian,

I am having a hard time with setting up my dxf file with lazy cam 2.56.
I created and saved as usual with Autocad2000 LT, no issue. Loads fine in LazyCam, but I cannot select a depth for the final cut.

I can modify all of the other parameters such as start depth, rapid height, feeds, leadin, etc...

I have verified the issue on two different PC's both with 2.56. They both fail any time the final depth setting is modified from 0.0000. The application hangs, and upon closing get the MachManIP MFC failure.

Files were downloaded this afternoon from the machsupport site. 1.90.062 package.

any suggestions?
Re: LazyCAM 2.56 MachManIP MFC Errors
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 05:11:20 PM »
Could you send me the file and tell me what you are entering for a depth and a pass depth?
Thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 06:13:56 PM »
Brian,

The DXF is on its way via email.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 06:13:41 PM »
Brian,
     I have just downloaded Mach3 R1.90.081,...... originally I was using Mach3 R1.83.031, I have been playing with LazyCam release 2.64,

I load a DXF from autocad 2000 into lazycam successfully, but keep getting MachManip MFC application that appears with encountered a problem and needs to close, this happens every time I click reset origin to min, I have studied the Video which has a different screen and cannot understand what I'm doing wrong?,

Also I am unable to move or revolve or zoom the drawing?,

Can you advise if there is a users manual I can print out for reference?,

..........................Edmund.................
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 09:31:38 PM »
I will have a look at it ... Thanks
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 10:10:06 PM »
Brian,
     a little more update on my previous message (reply #3), I notice that on my download screen there is no execute and selection bar showing underneath the open a cad import file / open a jpeg/mpeg file like in your video?,

............................Edmund...................

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 12:10:08 AM »
Hi, Edmund

The video is old LC doesn't have the execute line in it now.

There is a little gremlin in the Origin Min. in the view screen from time to time clicking on it will error for me to sometimes. Seems to work better if you Zoom in then use it.

To Reset or move the Origin MIN use the Orgin x,y,z on the right side Layer / Object Properties -
Drawing Origin, change them there.

I haven't had a problem with the Reset Origin, Icon on the Left.

To Zoom-- Hold down the Shift Key then Left Mouse key and move mouse.

To Move side to side up down, hold down Cntr key then Left Mouse key and move mouse.

To Pan View, Hold down center mouse button move mouse.

To Reset View, Double click in view window.

There is a post processo Setting in the Gcode window Use  Default.PST in Active post window,  Use it to see if your Gcode comes out correct first.

This allows you to setup your own post if you need to change it.

There is a Example.pst, Plasma Example.pst, Mill Example.pst also you can Edit them with a text editor also a Wordpad Document called PostVars List for LasyCam post processor..... in your Mach3 Folder.

When and if you edit the .pst's, include the .pst in the save as file name. (Examp Test.pst).

Sorry to drag on, It is really working  nice for me, Modified the Plasma post for our Waterjet Cutter.

Hope this Helps, Chip

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 01:07:06 AM »
Hello Chip,

Thanks for the details, and I'm sorry I haven't replied before now, but had a lot of running around today,
10.45pm here and I have been playing with LC, but its taken me some time to decipher your descriptions in your message, (afraid I don't catch on too quick), its harder than I thought to master the program, but then its not the LC prog but me who is lacking, I think I'm going to like it a lot when I become more familiar, I haven't got to the samples you mentioned but will look at those tomorrow,

I'm just an old guy playing with CNC, and I'm sure I will be asking a few more questions before long,

All the best and thanks again........................Edmund........................
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 08:28:44 PM »
My eyes are popping, I'm exhausted from lack of sleep, I must have spent on and off at least 12 hours trying to complete a simple DXF dwg from lazycam into Mach 3 D1.90.081. it consists of a rectangle 3"x 2" with 2 circles (or holes) inside the rectangle, hole sizes are .625 dia in the bottom left corner, and 1.000 hole in top right corner, I have 2 layers outside and inside with respective leadins and correct figures entered, the inner holes are completed as per G-code, but with the leadin for the outside edge  the leadin goes to the inside of the outside edge in other words the part winds up smaller,

I have tried many kinds of code, I have even disconnected the inner hole code and just programmed the outer cut on its own, but to no avail, I am at my wits end, can someone help please before I commit suicide, (just joking)

...............................Edmund....................

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 09:45:59 PM »
Hi, Edmund

Post your DXF and Gcode files, Which post are you using in LC.

Thank's, Chip