Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:10:47 AM

Author Topic: unit issues.  (Read 4633 times)

unit issues.
« on: June 21, 2008, 12:02:24 AM »
i am using Mach 2 on a small taig mill.It seems to cut everything backwards and 37.7 % too big.That seems to be the ratio of mm to inches.currently I am flipping and reducing my files prior to generating toolpaths with  artcam.i figure there is a fairly straight forward solution, but i haven't found it yet.ideas?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: unit issues.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 03:19:58 AM »
Do you have any values other than 1 in the scaling DRO's? (program run page top centre)

Are you working in MM or Inches ?

Have you calibrated your motor tuning ?

If you go to MDI and enter G91 G00 X1. how far dose the table move 1mm or 1 inch or ?

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 09:01:24 PM »
I have been struggling with getting my Taig MicroProto mill running reliably. It seems that every time I go to use the mill, new problems arise. The first time that I was able to get the unit running, it worked great for about a day. The next time that I went to use the mill, I noticed that the inline fuse in the controll box failed each time I turned on the machine. I thought this might suggest a short somewhere in the circuit, but after having someone with an electrical background look at it, we couldn’t see anything that was wrong. Does anyone know why this is happening every time I turn on the machine? Is this a voltage issue? I tried adjusting the potentiometer but nothing seems to make a difference. Could the motors be bad and causing a short?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 01:38:12 AM »
I have been struggling with getting my Taig MicroProto mill running reliably. It seems that every time I go to use the mill, new problems arise. The first time that I was able to get the unit running, it worked great for about a day. The next time that I went to use the mill, I noticed that the inline fuse in the controll box failed each time I turned on the machine. I thought this might suggest a short somewhere in the circuit, but after having someone with an electrical background look at it, we couldn’t see anything that was wrong. Does anyone know why this is happening every time I turn on the machine? Is this a voltage issue? I tried adjusting the potentiometer but nothing seems to make a difference. Could the motors be bad and causing a short?

It could possibly be 'inrush current' - try using a 'slow-blow' fuse of the correct rating.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 04:29:14 AM »
What Tweakie says.

Cheers
Roger