Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 12:32:42 AM

Author Topic: New firmware issue-  (Read 8196 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
New firmware issue-
« on: November 08, 2008, 09:28:08 AM »
Hi all, I have just completed the latest upgrade and now my home switches are not functioning. I even loaded my saved profile to see if that would help but nothing.

When I have the Pokeys software open, and I click one of the home switches, it shows the pin number (55 is what the switches are connected to) go from red to green which shows that the signal is there but not doing the actual function in Mach 3. Also when I click to Tools button in the Pokeys software and then click a home switch, it shows from off to on which looks normal as well.

Is it possible that the Port and pin address has been changed in the latest plug in that I just upgraded to?

I had it working perfectly with Port 10, pin 55 for these switches.

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: New firmware issue-
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 09:33:30 AM »
What is the serial number of your PoKeys?
Does number in software match number on PCB?
Do you have the latest PoKeys55 Mach plugin? You can download it from www.poscope.com

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 10:04:38 AM »
Boris, I will check to be positive but yes, I this is the latest software upgrade. Be back soon-

Little more info on this. I'm not getting any lit LEDs on the diagnostics page in Mach 3 when clicking the home switches.

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 10:09:02 AM »
Boris, where on the board is the serial number?  If it's on the underside of it, that means I'm going to have to uninstal it from my system box. Do I really have to take it all apart to see the underside of the board?

The software serial number is 10030.

I can also confirm that this is indeed version V1.9.4

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »
Nevermind this thread, I'm a moron, I never re-enabled the plugin!

Please forgive me for being an idiot and wasting bandwidth.......lol!

Thanks, Boris for checking in so soon anyway, nice to know you're watching -  ;)

Thanks,
Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline Vertol_p

•  3 3
  • Trying, is the first step towards failure :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 05:22:49 AM »
Hi budman,

You might be able to help me? I was reading this thread and your last comment gave me an hint. I have a pokey and I´m trying to get it work with my Mach3. I have tried several plugins from Art and upgraded the firmware in my Pokey, and still dosen´t work.

The first plugin to Mach3 showed different status at the I/O pins in my "pokey plugin" window opened from the plugin menu, even if the Pokey wasn´t connected. Therefore did I try to install a new plugin. Now is there no "Pokey plugin" window to open from the plugin menu.
You said you forgot to re-enable the plugin, how do you do that is my question??

Another little stupid question, what does "Lol" means in peoples conversations ???

Best regards
Per

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 08:46:29 AM »
Hi Per,

"lol" means "laughing out loud" , it's because we're lazy and don't want to type more than we have to...lol!

As for the plugin enabling, when you have Mach 3 open, go to the upper menu and click "Config" then drop down to "Config Plugins" and a little window should come up showing a list of plugins that you have installed.

If Pokeys is installed correctly, it should say Pokeys I/O by Art Fennerty" or something like that. Under the Enabled column, click the red X to make it a green check mark and that will enable it for you. Close down Mach3 and restart it and that should now be enabled for you.

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 08:53:04 AM »
Just to add to Daves post, there may be more than one pokeys plugin installed which can get confusing. I find it best to go to the plugins folder and rename any previous plugins to .m3p rather than the .dll they are. Then when you install the new plugin you will only get one showing in the list in Machs plugins. Also if you find you need to go back to an older version it is just a case of double clicking on the one you previously renamed and it will again install.
Hood

Offline Vertol_p

•  3 3
  • Trying, is the first step towards failure :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 10:52:12 AM »
Hey guys!

Yoy have made my day. It is working, not perfect but it is moving. I have a mpg with 24 counts per revolution, is that to small, what is "normal"?
I should experiment with the settings, and calibration when there is some time over, my one week old junior is paying lots of attention.
There is some delay just as Hood said in another thread before.

How have you guys done to use one mpg for three axis (xyz). Do you switch the legs Pin A and Pin B between different inputs at the pokey or do you use some pushbutton and some programming in Mach, to select which axis to jog?

Thanks
Per 8)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 10:56:02 AM »
Glad you got it at least running for you.

I have not yet tried setting up an MPG on the Pokeys device yet so unfortunately I'll be no help in that area, sorry-

Dave

Dave->    ;)