Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:11:05 PM

Author Topic: Error 9991 Activating SS Plugin  (Read 16071 times)

Error 9991 Activating SS Plugin
« on: October 12, 2008, 04:19:05 PM »
I have sucessfully loaded the USB driver and installed the SS plug-in on my XP SP2 system. Mach3 will open and load standard drivers and other plug-ins. However, when I enable the SS plug-in, the check box appears as expected, but when I exit to restart Mach3 with the new SS driver, BAMB! Error 9991 everytime. Standard Microsoft window send error yadayada, then when I restart Mach3 the SS plug-in is not checked and I go round and round.

Can anyone help me?

BTW: Why is it sometimes the standard Mach3 driver initializes and my system appears to slow to a snail's pace. It can take 5 minutes just to shut-down. Just wondering?

Thanks all

-Robert

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Error 9991 Activating SS Plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:06:29 PM »
Look in your Mach3/plug-ins folder and see if you have more than one SS plug-in installed.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »
I have no other SS plug-ins installed. I also tried to load an older version of the plug-in with the exact same results. I'm also running the latest Lockdown version of Mach3. It seems that the SS plug in is trying to access memory that is not allocated for it and it's crashing hard.

Thanks for your help!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:19:41 PM »
I also tried to load an older version of the plug-in with the exact same results.

Did you go in the plug-ins folder and delete all of the plug-ins before trying to install the older one? 

Brett

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 08:36:29 PM »
I did indeed go through the plug-ins folder and remove the other SS driver. After a restart of Mach3 exactly the same response on exit. I replaced the old driver with the newest 2.025me version once I found that wasn't the problem. And yes, I did clean out the old plug-in when I replaced it. After a restart of my sytsem and firing up Mach3 agin with the newer driver, same problem on exit. And it won't save the fact that I checked it in the plug-ins config. I also have the minimum services selected to run my system so as to not conflict with anything. Still very frustrating.

Thanks!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »
RTRESCOTT,
What version of mach are you using? I thought the WARP 9 site recomended at least mach v3.037.
RICH
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 11:20:23 AM by RICH »
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 03:40:03 PM »
Thanks Rich,
I just installed 3.041 to see if that made a difference and it didn't. I've also performed all the XP optimization techniques with no success. I tried Safe Mode, nothing, in fact I'm getting the same response whether or not the SS USB cable is plugged in or not. Of course when the USB is not plugged in, I don't get the red & blue glowing LEDs on the SS.

If there is some diagnostic I can run to give me a sanity check it would be great to know. BTW: I've used this same computer with the PP and it works great with Mach3 (any version) I've never seen any Mach3 generated errors until I plugged in the SmoothStepper.

Your help is greatly appreciated, I at a standstill here until this works!

Thanks,
-Robert

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 03:52:41 PM »
Robert, Have you looked around on the SS site or asked there? I have pasted a link below.

http://www.warp9td.com/index.php

Brett

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 05:52:47 PM »
How are you trying to enable the plugin?
 What you are meant to do is in Mach go to the Function  Config menu then choose Reset Device Select
 You then restart Mach and a box will apear asking which device you want to use, click on your SS option and it should then write to the SS hardware.

Hood
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
Hood,
You pegged it! It works fine now.

In my inability to make perfect sense of the installation instructions, I selected Config Plugins from the Config Menu. I checked the SmoothStepper box and upon Mach3 restart bam!

Thanks for moving me to a successful completion of this problem.

Much appreciated,
-Robert