Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:09:38 AM

Author Topic: Computer slow, clock skew after installing  (Read 4227 times)

Computer slow, clock skew after installing
« on: May 12, 2008, 06:28:02 PM »
Hey,

I've installed Mach3 for the first time this afternoon, to see if it fits my needs, on my desktop machine. Since then, the whole system is horrible slow (minimizing a window, for example, takes like 5 seconds). Also, the clock is off by a few hours, and it seems to be running at about 1/10th normal speed, which is nice, because that gives me more time to tinker, since the evening is 10 times as long, but it's not exactly practical. Sounds from windows and winamp don't play properly.
The DriverText.exe gives me very strange results (I think). The first time I got 27 pulses / second (which would seem very low), last time I tried I got a whopping 4.3 billion (beat that!). I think this was max long int (32 bits), but I didn't check.

I can't find any new services installed with Mach3.

I didn't change much in the default config, only some pin settings for my hardware. Kernel speed is still at 25kHz.

System specs:
Latest stable version of Mach3, windows 2000 SP4, Atlon 18+XP (or something like that, don't really care), 512megs of RAM (yes, it's an old beast, but she still runs).

Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong, and what I could do to fix it?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Computer slow, clock skew after installing
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:36:37 PM »
Have you optimised your PC for Mach? May not be necessary but you can start by turning off everything in your start-up. Have a look at the optimisation file in downloads, documentation.  Maybe you have another application or service running in the background Mach doesn't like.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!