Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:38:50 PM

Author Topic: Mach3Turn - 1st 'Beta' release of the MachBlue Screenset for lathes  (Read 63108 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3Turn - 1st 'Beta' release of the MachBlue Screenset for lathes
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »
Place a LED on the screen where you want it then double click it and enter oem 82 and set the LED to the type you want, ie flashing or colour.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:59 AM »
Hello Hood,
After many, many months away from this retro-fit I am now back at it as of yesterday.
Altho I am pretty computer savy I cannot remember how to open up the blue screenset to edit to my application.
I have three tweeks I would like to make to the blue set for our lathe here.
Features I need added: how do I make the single block appear active when in single mode either with a light or color change, how do I add a spindle reverseing button, and finally I will need a button to activate an optional stop M01.
These three features will finalize this retro fit and get the brass off of my big butt.
I would really appreciate any of your help and also would be willing to reimburse you if you were to say make these changes for me and email me the screenset ready to use.
If you are not able to do this for me where can I find the editing software. I have screen tweek installed but it makes a garbled mess of the blue screenset when I open it up.
Mark Hinde

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 10:36:40 AM »
Attach a screenshot of where you want the buttons and I will add them and also a LED for single block. I wont do anything fancy, it will just be plain buttons so if you want more than that I can tell you how to add them yourself.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 08:30:37 AM »
Hello Hood,
I was unable to copy a screenset with the changes I would like made but the changes are easily explained.
On the cycle screen I would like an led indicator for single block showing it is activated and where the "FROM HERE" button is 
I would like it replaced with an "M01" button with a led indicator showing it is active when in use, if you could reposition the M01 button closer to cycle start and feedhold it would be great if not then the "FROM HERE" location is fine for the button as long as it is available to use.
Both current button locations are fine as is as long as they are active and have indicators to show when they are active.
These two changes would put us in operation.
Sorry it took sooo long to reply back but my company has had me on the road for the last few weeks...fun, fun, fun!
All I need is a downloadable working screenset with the two changes listed.
I am lost as far as placing buttons and getting them to function on my own, GOD knows I have spent many hours at this pc trying to do this that is why I have been bugging you...for this I apologize.
You have the best screenset available on the forum as far as I have found, it is practical, simple, and easy on the eyes.
I really appreciate your help and want to thank you for assisting me.
Mark Hinde
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 08:50:58 AM »
Hello Hood,
I was wondering if you were able to look at my last message bout adding two features for my lathe.
If your able to do this please let me know if not I will keep trying on my end to add the features.
Thank You,
Mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »
Sorry never got a notification that you had replied so I missed it until now.
Will download the blue screen and see what I can do.
Hood
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 04:53:18 PM »
Thank You Hood...really appreciate it.
Mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 05:09:15 PM »
Ok here you go, place the screenset in your main Mach folder then open Mach and load it from the View menu, you will need to drop the list down and choose Turn files as in first screenshot and then choose the Mustang screenset as in second screenshot.

The LEDs are not that pretty as its just a quick job and I couldnt easily  change the button text on the next line button as its an image and I would have to redo the whole image of that page. I dont do my screensets that way as its much easier to make individual images for buttons and if you want to change them you only have one to change instead of a whole page worth of image.

Hopefully it will do what you want.
Hood
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:15:33 PM by Hood »
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 07:25:55 AM »
downloaded the file you sent into the mach3 folder and it came in perfectly but there are no changes to it.
Iit seems to be the standard machblue screen no additions or changes took.....not sure whats goin on.
Mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 07:32:11 AM »
Just downloaded it from the link I put up and its fine, see screenshot. Sounds like either I added the buttons to the wrong page or you have not loaded the MustangsMachBlue.lset

Hod
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 07:34:19 AM by Hood »