Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:04:49 PM

Author Topic: Webcam while running Mach  (Read 10220 times)

Webcam while running Mach
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:38:51 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct place but here it goes. Mach 3 is first off awesome. The only glitch, which really isn't a glitch, is that if I have Mach on and the machine, if I minimize Mach, let's say to open a cad program to do some work it will mess up the CNC. It reversed the Z axis when I unminimize Mach from the taskbar. Anyway, I figure that's normal as the computer is being dedicated to running a CNC machine.

SO the question I have is if I'm running a webcam as an edge finder, I got it off here from Zarul, will that affect Mach? Probably not as a lot of people are using them here. So if it doesn't affect Mach will using over my network affect Mach? I have my CNC in the garage and sometime run 3 hour programs and don't want to sit there so if I hook it up that way so I can watch the CNC from my office will that adversely affect Mach. Thanks.
Re: Webcam while running Mach
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 04:27:34 PM »
I use remote desktop with no problem.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 05:11:06 PM »
Based on the fact that ART is usinng a webcam with the Vidio Probing routine, I would doubt that just the use of a web cam should affect Mach in a negative way...

Perhaps Art or Brian will chime in.

Regards,

Preston

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
  • wine me.. dine me.. tram my mill for me...
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 05:32:42 AM »
i setup remote desktop with a live video feed and mach3 from my garage to my lounge without errors. video at 320x240 rgb and ms remote desktop set so lan experience. my controller pc is a 3.2ghz HT intel with 1gb of ram...

i do experience some glitches when i run huge paths tho and have toolpath display on... random direction reversal etc. by default i kill toolpath display now once i have verified visually that it looks like what i pathed      (cuz sometimes i path on whiskey and dont save toolpaths with descriptive names)

i am in process of setting up a 8MP cam against Z assemble looking down spindle to help me with X alignment on flip+rotary jobs for tip to tip alignment. so far no glitches.

any other jewellers using this sort of arrangement? im simply doing this cuz the angles to try get into mill with a 10x loupe are just not good.