Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:14:59 AM

Author Topic: New Plugin Available - XBox360 Controller  (Read 39327 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
New Plugin Available - XBox360 Controller
« on: January 12, 2008, 11:38:16 PM »
Hi,

I have written a new plugin that uses the XBox360 controller.  I wrote it because I wanted to control the X, Y and Z axis of my mill without having to drag the keyboard around. It is located on the Plugins page of the Artsoft site down near the bottom. Hopefully, you will find it useful.

Regards
Lee D.
Re: New Plugin Available - XBox360 Controller
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 03:14:19 PM »
G`day Lee,

I am trying to do the same ,IE control the axis with the xbox 360 controller
and not achieving much.
I have installed your plugin ,configured the controller
and all the buttons seem to work ,however I can`t  seem to jog the Axis.

From your pdf doc,........... "The ThumbPad (next to the
                                        left Thumbstick) is Incremental jog for the left Thumbstick"

When this Thumbpad is used ,only y axis moves and then cannot be stopped.

Is there something I am missing?
Also I am using G100 (grex) would this be a problem.
any help you can throw this way ,would be good,thanks.

Regards
Whatda?

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »
HI,
When you go to the plugin screens in MACH3, you can configure the plugin.  since you say that you have configured it by selecting the various axes, I can only assume that the problem is the G100. I do not use the G100 so I cannot say for certain. Can you disable it long enough to test?
 I am using it in XP and it is working fine.  Are you using XP?  Have you tested the controller to make sure it is working fine?  Also, what version of Mach are you using? When I hear from you, I will make sure I am using the same version. I am currently using 2.6.  It is possible that the latest betas will act different.

Let me know more info and I will try and solve the problem.

Thanks
Lee
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 01:16:06 AM »
Thanks Lee for your reply,
I am using the latest mach3 with windows xp.
I can jog the axis through the keyboard still ,but not with the xbox controller,
I dont have an xbox  ,just the controller so I dont know if all of it is working,
the buttons seem to work ok.

Will try and disable the g100  and see if that helps.
Thanks again
Regards
whatda?

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 12:09:53 PM »
Hi,

If you go to the Control Panel and select Game Controllers you should see "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" in the window and the Status should be "OK".  If you pick the properties button, it will open a new window that allows you to test the controller. Left Thumbstick is X & Y, Thumbpad is shown as POV Hat.  Right Thumbstick is shown as Red X and Y Ro.  You can also test the buttons there.  There is also a Calibrate button if you need it.

In reading over the Yahoo forum, it looks like there are some problems with the G100 in the latest betas of Mach.  After you test the controller and temporarily remove the G100 (rename the plugin) , let me know how it goes. If that doesn't solve it, I need to know the exact version of Mach that you are using. It is shown by picking "Help" then "About" on the Mach main screen.  Then I can load that version and see if I can recreate the problem.
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 04:09:48 PM »
Thanks Lee,
I installed mach 3 on another computer and disabled the g100 and the controller/pugin works fine now,
So no problems with the controller.

I will reinstall mach 3 and try again with my original computer with the G100, see how I go.

Thanks again,will let you know how it turns out.
Great little plugin.

Regards
whatda?

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 04:41:44 PM »
Hi,

Glad you got it solved. I wrote the XBox360 controller Plugin using the same approach as the Shuttlepro plugin. So, if you go to the Yahoo forum and search "G100 Shuttlepro", you will see a number of messages about the 2.  It appears that the G100 and Shuttlepro will work together but do have some problems.  I do not have a G100. If you come up with any ideas on how to solve the problem, let me know.  If I can change the code I will.

Lee
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 06:13:07 PM »
G`day Lee ,me again

I am going down the G100/xbox 360  road again,trying to jog the axis using the controller .
I have tried different versions of mach/read the posts on yahoo group and still can`t.

Like I indicated before ,all the buttons work ,apart from the axis being able to be jogged.
(the DRO`s on screen also indicate no movement).
I checked the controller and works fine ,also checked it when I disabled the G100 and
it was then able to jog the axis in mach.

At the moment running V2.63. and after any other help you can throw my way.
I will put a post in the G100 section as well,someone probably is using it.

Regards
whatda?

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 10:12:46 PM »
Hi,

First of all, Brian posted a new G100 plugin. You may try downloading it and see if it helps.  Second, go to the Yahoo site and read message 87428.  It talks about the different versions of Mach and some of the problems with the G100.  You may find that changing Mach versions helps.  If you load Mach on a pc and do not connect it to a controller, you can still test the various versions and plugins by watching the screen DROs.  They are a pretty good indication of what the plugin is doing.

Here is something you can try:  Go to the Plugins folder in C:\Mach3 and rename the XBox360Controller.dll to ABox360Controller.dll.  Mach loads plugins in alphabetical order. So, if the XBox360 plugin is loaded before the G100, it may make a difference.  Let me know how that goes.

That is about all I can think of now. I wish I could be more help.

Lee
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 01:12:09 AM »
Thanks Guys for the info,

Lee, I have the latest Version for the G100,also tried the name change (ABOX.dll)and still no good.
I had a read of the posts on yahoo,and apart from the xbox I havnt had any issues yet with the G100.
So I dont know where I can go from here ,I think I`ll try some other controller.

Thanks anyway for your help.
regards
whatda?