Mach Discussion > General Mach Discussion

spindle speed control

<< < (2/2)

Tweakie.CNC:
I have read this 10 times Larry and I still don't understand exactly what you are trying to achieve.  :-[

Just as an example machines such as 3D printers often drive the material feed drums but because the material requirement or motion is not constant they use a micro switch or other sensor to check the position of a loop in the material then, when necessary, operate the drum drive a fixed amount then return to standby for the sensor to provide the next signal.
This idea could be made to drive both ways, is this of any use ?

Tweakie.

LarryL:

--- Quote from: Tweakie.CNC on January 23, 2011, 12:27:40 PM ---I have read this 10 times Larry and I still don't understand exactly what you are trying to achieve.  :-[

Just as an example machines such as 3D printers often drive the material feed drums but because the material requirement or motion is not constant they use a micro switch or other sensor to check the position of a loop in the material then, when necessary, operate the drum drive a fixed amount then return to standby for the sensor to provide the next signal.
This idea could be made to drive both ways, is this of any use ?

Tweakie.

--- End quote ---

Hi Tweakie

Been a long time my friend.  I was thinking something similar to this.  I mounted two microswitches on the Y axis (carriage) to act as index point switches.  I'll send you a drawing of the idea shortly so that it will clear up the quandry a bit.

Larry

Tweakie.CNC:
Thanks Larry, I would dearly like to understand quilting machines and their setups. (although I read up as much as I can I think I will probably have to obtain / build a quilting machine before I finally get a grip).

Tweakie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version