Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:28:01 AM

Author Topic: Welcome to the Sieg Machines forum  (Read 24396 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Sieg Machines forum
« on: November 11, 2007, 12:32:11 PM »
Hi All:

Sieg machines are starting to use Mach3 more and more, so this board is started as a place to get specific
information on Mach3's interface to those machines. Hopefully, we'll have a Sieg owner moderate this forum.
ArtSoft has been in close contact with the Seig factory, and we will use this board for any pertinant information
for Seig owners as we recieve it. Please feel free to post any questions, or setup files for the Seig series of machines.

Thanks
Art

Offline CNCwt

•  65 65
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Sieg Machines forum
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:48:40 AM »
The Sieg CNC mills should hit the market early next year or spring. The KX3-Mach and KX1-Mach are cnc mills running under Mach3 controller. The KC6 cnc lathe will be next in line to run under Mach3 controller. I am presently testing one of the KC6.

Thanks,
Weedy
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 10:49:36 PM »
The speed of both KX1 and KX3 will be more faster.

Thanks,
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »
Im having trouble configuring the machine to mach3 someone please help

Offline kf2qd

•  148 148
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 06:25:26 PM »
Im having trouble configuring the machine to mach3 someone please help

That is a rather vague question... Would be glad to help but you must first tell us what problem you are having (what is or isn't working/moving) which machine you have and such. Give us some information to work with and you have a better chance of getting some help.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 04:29:35 AM »
it has to do with configuration....what is everything suppse to be? Its  a KX1 and when i calibrate the axis so that when i move the axis 1 inch the DRO will read one inch. But when i turn mach3 down for the day and start it up next it sounds like the gears are grinding. Im new to this type of operating system and im not really sure what the settings are suppose to be with anything.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:23 AM »
Are you selecting save settings at the bottom of the "config" box?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 04:49:59 AM »
I turned my Sieg machine on today and needed to use it to square a piece up before running a program and i cant get the jog feed to adjust. I'll push tab and turn it up to 100% and its still the same speed. Then I'll turn it down to 5% and its still moving the same speed. I've tried restarting the Mach 3 and i get nothing. Anyone have any solutions?
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 09:52:34 PM »
 :-[Hi I have just bought a Sieg kx1. If i go into ports and pins and disable the xy&z limits activate x y &z home switches but when I try to home the machine the mill drives the z axis to the home switch the mill stops movement but the Z axis keeps increasing. The first thought was that the z axis was hitting a hard stop so I lowered the Z axis activating arm the mill stops when it hits the home switch and I have 1 inch of travel left before it hits the hard stop
Help
Malcinc

Offline kf2qd

•  148 148
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 02:45:22 PM »
the mill drives the z axis to the home switch the mill stops movement but the Z axis keeps increasing.

What is sounds like is this - the limit also cionnects to the Axis Drive. The axis Drive is stopping because you hit the limit, but Mach is no longer seeing this as a limit so Mach keeps putting out pulses because it thinks things are still moving.