Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:27:10 AM

Author Topic: Welcome to SmoothStepper forum.  (Read 72294 times)

Re: Welcome to SmoothStepper forum.
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2009, 03:28:04 PM »
Any info on when the extended I/O becomes available/supported on the SS (that extra header on the board)
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2015, 10:53:52 AM »
I have a Tiger Tech using Smooth stepper and it's plugging into a Talent inverter Pad on Machine. Everything works except Mach 3 isn't controlling Spindle speed. I can change Spindle speed of cutting tool on the Talent pad but it doesn't Register anything in Mach 3.  I can start and stop my cutting spindle and move Z anywhere. Need some help.
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2016, 06:39:33 PM »
Hi Art,

I do not know if this forum is still active, but I am just hoping some could help.
My problem with the smooth Stepper started when I was getting the "Time out error getting data" which was probably my USB cable, but I immediately assumed that my USB driver was corrupted so I removed it from the ".dll" file from the "Plugin Folder" under Mach 3.
I copied my old "SmoothStepper_v17bd.m3p" to the Mach 3 folder and double click the icon but instead of loading the file with auto execute it is now asking me of what program to run it with (see attached pic).
I am now afraid to get into further trouble without asking first.
Someone please help.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2016, 02:29:10 AM »
Hi Jerry,

Go to the Warp9 website http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/sw and check that you are running their recommended version of Mach3 and the latest plugin etc.
Download and run their SCU, follow the onscreen instructions and that should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2017, 10:27:28 PM »
I have the ess smoothstepper and today it stopped three times.What could be the problem?