Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 05:03:34 PM

Author Topic: what causes Z60?  (Read 5094 times)

what causes Z60?
« on: September 18, 2007, 06:17:28 PM »
not sure what I am doing wrong but I am getting a command to Z60.  Any suggestions.

N5 (File Name = C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\CNC\Projects\Glass Grid.LCam on Tuesday, September 18, 2007)
N10 (Default Mill Post)
N15  G91.1
N20 M5 M9
N25 M6 T1(TOOL Change diamond)
N30 G43 H1
N35 G0  Z60.0000        <----------- here is the Z60
N40 M3 S16000
N45  X-0.1000  Y0.2500
Re: what causes Z60?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:29:02 PM »
That looks like it is the Rapid height..

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:50:40 AM »
I am a CNC novice. I know that scares allot of you CNC pros who took the time to go to school but this is what makes America great we are not afraid to try things out of our comfort zone that being said.

I too was getting Z60 on my home built plasma cutter and came to the forum to see if anyone else had this problem.

I saw allot of posts about this but no real answers. After being told to "Watch the tutorials" and Read the manual" and i did both several times to no avail so I turned to the old bullhead approach and found the answer. First load your project into Lazy Cam then go down to the bottom and click on the Layers tab. Plasma users our Layers tab looks allot different then the one in the manual.

Enter all your info i.e cut height, rapid height, feed rate, etc, etc. Then when you are done be sure to press Set Layer(s) If you don't do this it sets a default of Z60 for the rapid height. You must do this every time you load a project. Click on Layers tab and even if the info looks right you must click Set Layer(s) or else you get the Z60.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:52:23 AM by eggy539 »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »
eggy539,
Thanks for the info, the Plasma module is not covered in the manual, as far as the depth of cutting and how to info:
PAGE    FIG
18        6.2.4.4
24        8.3
26        8.3.4
TUTORIAL # 1,2,6. PLUNGE CLEARANCE IS COVERED IN #6

RICH
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:55:41 AM »
Yes Rich it is covered if you know what you are looking for but as novices we are not very familiar with the vernacular. Don't get me wrong it is a great program and I have recommended it to several others. Just trying to help out those of us just getting started in the world of CNC and aren't patient enough to sift through all the info. You know todays society results now, fix what we destroyed later.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 09:57:26 AM by eggy539 »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 10:18:56 AM »
There are no shortcuts to any of the software out there, yes you can hack your way through them or just take the time
to read. The problem is that a newbie just wants instant gratification and then reallizes that preconcieved notions on how something
works is not true. You can't grasp 120 pages in one sitting. You need to do the tutorials as each one builds on the previous. 
Just takes time and some practice.

Verbage / vernacular is a killer and ya just need to learn and relate.
My famous saying to myself...........Never know how stupid I am is until I venture into the expertise of another!  ???

RICH

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »
As I stated Rich just trying to help the little guy trying to get his machine up and running if I have insulted your expertise in any way that was not my intention. As far as hacking my way through I have watched every tutorial end to end some of them multiple times and still was lost on a few things. My old saying is those of us who can do do and those of us who can't do teach.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 11:23:57 AM »
if I have insulted your expertise

- NOT TAKEN THAT WAY IN ANY MANNER.....the saying is what i keep in mind for myself  ;)

still was lost on a few things
- just ask as, i have replied to every LC post ( i believe ) in the last year or so, but....I know little about plasma and don't have that kind of equipment , that's why there is nothing in the manual about it, .........ya wouldn't want the blind leading the blind?
Now if you want to give the quirks of plasma as compared to say a milling machine, then maybe something can be done to add to the manual.

You reply to any question you wish and share whatever knowledge you have,  at any time and to whatever extent you can to help
another. That's what this forum is about.

BTW,.....I like Hoods saying "EVERY DAY IS A SCHOOL DAY"  :D

RICH