Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:11:27 PM

Author Topic: G-Rex setup guide for new users  (Read 22383 times)

G-Rex setup guide for new users
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:23:00 AM »
After spending many many hours trying to get the G-Rex and my PC to talk (I read the manuals over and over) I gave up  >:( and called Mariss and emailed Art. This is what I did today to get it all working. ;D
Hope it can help another new user.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 06:50:21 PM by srbliss »
Re: G-Rex setup guide for new users
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:49:20 PM »
Hello. 

Your .pdf file appears to be corrupted.  I am not able to open it with the v.7 reader. 

Would you mind re-posting?  I'd appreciate it.

I'm in the process of building a new controller based on the G-Rex. 

Many Thanks.

Steven
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:52:28 PM »
I re-pdf'd the file with a newer version of acrobat.  I should work now.  If not get a copy of Foxit - it's free, smaller, faster and better.

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 08:56:46 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to do that.  Do you want me to also put it on the support site too ?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 12:46:09 AM »
Your welcome. Glad I can finally add something to this great site. 
I can send you the original word file if you would like.  That way any errors I made could be fixed. 
Now we need someone to step up the plate and do the same thing for setting up the G-Rex portion of Mach4.  Any takers?  I'm willing to try but I will be asking alot of questions (maybe a new thread on the Mach4/G-Rex area) since I'm a complete beginner at all of this.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 12:50:05 AM by srbliss »
Tutorial files good to go
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 03:57:52 PM »
Thanks for reposting.

All is well.

Is there a location for suggested controller layouts and diagrams? Does the G-Rex work with the G340, or do the motors connect directly?

If this is a silly question forgive me.  I'm coverting from an even sillier shopbot.

Many thanks.

Steven
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 08:10:02 PM »
You need to have the Drive. the G100 will only output the step and dir pulses to run the drive
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 12:51:55 AM »
I must be missing something simple.  My new G100 powers up and looks fine with the DIR lights and the yellow RUN light on.  The Grex loader finds my G100 fine.  "Launch Firmware Loader" gives me an Explorer window with a "cannot find server" error.

My G100 may already have the Mach4 firmware.  Jan at Gecko asked me which firmware I wanted.

I started Mach4 with the G100 address and get "G100 config not found".   On the GREX page "Next Seq" increments when I try to jog, but "Curr Seq" stays zero.

Please let me know what I have overlooked.

Thank you,

David
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 09:05:49 AM »
You need to load the firmware :(  (I think)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com