Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:42:20 PM

Author Topic: CNC Cut to length Saw Screen and Wizards......  (Read 25221 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
CNC Cut to length Saw Screen and Wizards......
« on: August 28, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »
This is a Screenset that has a Wizard in the same set.

It has 2 Wizards: One for doing multilple numbers of cut offs of the same size from a long piece of stock.
The other is for doing multiple variable length pieces from stock.
You will need to check persistant dros, and read the Doc. in the Zip file.
Note this is a "Stand Alone" screen, it is meant for a dedicated CNC saw machine.

It is based on a Chop saw, but any metal saw will do, The Saw will need to be able to go striaght up and down, not pivot cut (see simple CAD views).

I may be adding a "Miter" function as well to the above Wizards to increase its versitility. It uses 2 motion axis (3 when I do the miter part), and a spindle for the blade drive.
Resources are various Prox switches, in which you may need another bi-directioanl port or PLC depending on how much moniting you want.

I used "Drive Wheels" to drive the stock through, with a "pusher wheel" powered by Air or Hydrolics, the pusher wheel should also have the encouder for the X drive, not the drive wheel.

you may need to chain two drive wheels together and two pusher wheels together to get better stock stability/control. (I did not use the push pull vice as that was much more inefficient).

It has options to add coolent, and oilers if you want.

As usual for my stuff, Individual users is free, but commercial or OEMs please contact me for payment.

As I get the Miter version done I will add to this thread as well.

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: CNC Cut to length Saw Screen and Wizards......
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 09:22:18 PM »
opps.........

found and fixed a bug in the CNC saw wizard, download this screen set that has the fix.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 04:47:07 PM »
Opps.....again.........(darnit).........found and fixed some other bugs, added reset buttons to the piece number dros to reset to zero.

I think I got them all this time, let me know if you find some.

scott
fun times

Offline markn

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 11:39:38 AM »
Hello,

How do I load the screen for viewing?

Mark

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 05:51:59 PM »
The CNC Saw was meant as a stand along app. So it is a Mach Screen set, (although, you probably could drop in it the addons and use it as a wizard).
to use it as a stand along, drop a copy of the screen set into Mach 3 main directory. Open up mach, click the view and load screen, the pick the cnc saw and hit ok.

scott
fun times

Offline markn

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 11:33:55 AM »
Hello,
I've loaded and tried out the interface. Really nice! One question, is it functional? When I use  the cut to length wizard I get an error message. Do I need to load Mach 3 in order to use this screen.

Regards, Mark

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
BRAIN added!!! to CNC Cut to length Saw Screen
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 09:48:38 AM »
Yes, it is functional, BUT, the cncsaw screen is a stand alone control, meaning when you start up mach you  goto view and load the CNCsaw screen, it is your CNC controller.
Mach has to be loaded for it to function cause it will load the Gcode into the run window.
I have Enclosed a "Zipped" copy of UPDATED CNC saw and "CNCsaw Brain" in this post, please download the screen set, and place it into the Mach3 main directory, and put the brian in the brian folder.

Also I added a "Brian" to it that will monitor your inputs for Clamp not closed which turns on an LED and puts the system into feed hold, since it would be unsafe to operate without the piece clamped and not work as well. You will need to Set up OEMTRIGGER1 to the ports and pins you want to use for the "Is not clamped" prox swtich.

OEMTRIGGER2 is set in the brian to to monitor for Blade Brakage, it turns on an LED, and Estops the system.  You will need to set it up port and pin as well.

OUTPUT2 is the activate (close) your roller clamp, you will need to pick port an pin.

M8 is your flood coolent, you can tick off output1 for your flood, and set up outputs1 port and pin.

Scott
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 09:50:33 AM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 05:07:10 AM »
Great screen set, almost perfect for what I'm after a little feedback for you.

The display screen (top right) is almost useless as the tool path is a straight line, it is handy to see the z axis coming up and down however for diagnostics. If i may suggest making this section tall and skinny. with the space that has been created it would be great to have an indicator working its way down a  cutting list. this would make it so that people with no knowledge of Gcode could keep up with what is going on.

Would be very handy in the length wizard for a numerical pop up window to appear when entering length and amount data so that us touch screen users could run the entire session without the need for a keyboard or mouse.

Great job keep up the good work.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 07:11:12 AM »
jrslick22

Do yourself a favor and play with one of the screendesigners, as you'll be able to make screens you'd personally like to see it used.

Just a tip, when you open a screenset to play around, save it as a copy FIRST, that way you don't destroy the original  ;)

Have fun-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 08:12:43 PM »
Hey Scott,
  Cut Length = 1.000
  Kerf  = .050

Equal Cut Wiz.
The first cut is OK, the remaining cuts do not include the Kerf.
Would this be easy to fix ?
Here is a sample.  6 cuts at 1.000

(EqualCut.tap)
G0 G20 G50 G64 G90 G94
G4 P2
M3 S1000
G0 X0.5
G0 Z0.45
G01 F25
G81 X1 Z-0.05 R0.45
G0 Z0.45
G90 X2.05    Correct