Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:39:05 PM

Author Topic: Stock Diameter in "Cut Spline"  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Al

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Stock Diameter in "Cut Spline"
« on: August 25, 2009, 04:20:14 PM »
As per usual for me I am trying to make something designed for one thing do another  ;D

I want to use the Cut Spline Wizard to drill holes in a circular pattern, which I have found to work if I set the x feed to .0001 and as that tolerance does not effect my finished product all will be fine.

My question for someone who knows is....What does the value in "stock diameter" do?  I have changed this value and compared the finished codes to find no coded change. I have found its better to ask what I dont understand first, rather than discovering with broken bits and pieces at a later date  :o

As I know it will be asked.... :)  the reason I am pursuing this is my y travel is not large enough to handle the diameter of the pieces I am drilling, so I want to use my rotary table to turn the piece and will change the x axis for the hole pattern diameter
Do it today! Tomorrow is Unknown
Re: Stock Diameter in "Cut Spline"
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »
The cut spline uses a subroutine. The sub is saved in the subroutine folder, I think you are just looking at the main routine and only see the rotate moves, not the xy moves.