Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 01:19:25 AM

Author Topic: Here is a 2 or 4 axis Foam hot wire screen..............  (Read 24116 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Here is a 2 or 4 axis Foam hot wire screen..............
« on: August 01, 2007, 06:56:31 PM »
I had another Knuckle head who requested a screen to be built then refused to pay.........

So, I am releasing it for public use, I removed the "Offending" companies logo, and replaced it with mine. This is important cause to get to the diagnostics page, you click on the logo.
I don't mind it being used for Private use, but if any other OEMs would like to use it, at least have the courtesy to pay for the work. You obviously can replace my logo with your own bitmap.

NOTE: The Screens have both 2 and 4 axis capabilities, (you can slave or unslave the axis). You have Wire control for heat and on/off, Note also the X axis has a "Front and Back" (XF, XB), the back is considered furtherst from you, same on the Y.  You can make a custom macro that can automatically Enable or disable the Axis slaving depending on the type of tool path you want, (2D vs. 3D). If you need help with that (which you can have it post from what ever Foam CAM your using to do 2d or 3d paths).

You can also Jog BOTH XF and XB, or YF and YB in non-slaved mode at the same time (see jog buttons).  The screen was set up to send an "On/Off" to the Wire, as well as you can have Analog Wire heat control through an Analog module on the Modbus to PLC or what ever.

as usual put bitmaps in the bitmaps, and the screen to your main mach3 directory.

The Zip is called: "Foam screen 2&4 axis.zip" and the screen inside it is called the same.

I have put "Screen shots", so you can see if you want to download it or not.

Scott

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:31:55 PM by Brian Barker »
fun times

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Here is a 2 or 4 axis Foam hot wire screen..............
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 09:45:17 PM »
Looks good Scott.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »
Hello Scott,
You need to take ALL references to the company that you worked with before you can repost the screen set :(
Sorry for the trouble and thank you for the great work!

thanks
Brian

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 08:45:52 PM »
Scott, you are not the only one who has had this refusal to pay problem.
It seems to happen a bit. I suggest inserting watermarks on all of your proof work to stop them from ripping your work.
Also I suggested to another designer to ask for an upfront 50% deposit. (Seems to have worked)
Clearly state theirs and your expectations. Before starting the work.

You might come across as a hard arse by doing these things, but it sorts the sheep from the goats.
Trust me, there are a lot of tire kicking goats out there.

Doing the things I suggested will also demonstrate a bit of a professional approach too.

Art has told me he sells 50% OEM versions of Mach. He says there is ever increasing interest in custom screens. If you get good at this you will find a market for your self. I cant give details, but I know of a person who has quoted $4500 to do a custom screen set, and has already recieved 50% deposit. While that might be quite steep, it is for a quite specialized project. Im sure there will more work as companies start to realize what you guys can do.

Keep up the great work.

Good luch with future projects.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 10:12:20 PM »
Here is a repost of the screen, without references to the offending company.
Sorry Brian, missed the JPEGs, but got them fixed.

So here is the 2 and 4 axis Foam hot wire screens again, Personal use free (OEMs if you want to use them, lets set a price).

Open Zip, usual install,

Scott
fun times
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 05:10:35 AM »
Hi Poppabear, I would like to try the foam screen, but seeing that I'm a total idiot, I need some instructions, I tried to load the .set files in the main MACH3 directory and the bitmaps in /Marc3/Bitmaps, but then I dont see the table bitmap if I launch Mach3 and view/load screen and then choosing the .set file. I also tried keeping it in the directory /Mach3/foam screen 2&4 axis, but then also there seem to be parts missing. The best results I have is when I place the foam screen 2&4 axis in the Mach3/Addons directory, but then when I open it as a wizard, the RESET button does not have the word RESET
Please help

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 02:39:45 PM »
make sure you are using the set called:  Foam2&4axisHotWire.set

The screens are working good here.........

scott
fun times
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 05:11:46 PM »
TEŞEKKÜR EDERİM HEPİNİZE. EMEĞİNİZE SAĞLIK.