Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:14:46 PM

Author Topic: New installlation problems on Win7 64Bit  (Read 2801 times)

New installlation problems on Win7 64Bit
« on: September 21, 2018, 08:32:18 PM »
I installed Mach3 on XP but had some screen errors I eventually realized were from the monitor.  I played around with Mach 3 so I know what the screens look like.  Meanwhile I upgraded to Windows 7, and reinstalled Mach 3.  Now I have a white screen with simple menus.  I also got two error messages "Unable to open Probediag.dat Error 5" and "Access to LastErrors.txt was denied".  Any ideas?
Re: New installlation problems on Win7 64Bit
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 07:15:06 AM »
Did you do the install of Mach3 as administrator? Did you put it in the default location?

Windows 7 gets cranky about proper permissions in certain folder.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 10:00:45 PM »
Thanks for the response Mike.  I did put it in the default location.  However I see a lot of stuff online about Mach 3 not working well with Win 7 64bit, so I'll se if I can find a 32 bit OS, either Win 7 or revert to XP and try again.  Pity, it was fine on the original XP, but there was a volume adjust window in the middle of the screen I couldn't get rid of, so after hours of removing and reloading drivers I decided to go for a new OS.  I then discovered the problem was with the monitor not the PC.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 02:18:39 AM »
Hi,
have you considered Mach4. You can download it and run it in demo mode for as long as you like.
If you already have a Mach3 license it may not be particularly palatable, who would want to pay for Mach4
when you've already paid for Mach3.

All development on Mach3 ceased five years ago and any problems that Mach3 has are not going to get fixed. Recently some of
the OS updates from Microsoft have interfered with Mach3. To date there has always been a fix or workaround to keep Mach3
running but it is not impossible that something could break Mach3 in the future.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 05:50:54 PM »
Hi Craig.  The Mach 3 license came with my Romaxx CNC.  I'll stick with it for a while anyway.  I'll see how I go with downgrading to Win 7 32 bit.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 09:06:09 AM »
I run Mach3 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit without an issue and its my guess its on thousands of others.  My suggestion  you need to  download from a trusted source, Install not drag and drop.  Transfer your license info over.  

IF your running off a parallel port, NO the 64 bit will Not work.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:15:00 AM by wmgeorge »
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 09:48:38 PM »
Thanks.  Could be a lot of things.  Anyway I do want to use the parallel port so I found  copy of XP and reverted to that.  All running sweet now.

Greg

Offline Filou

•  59 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 06:21:35 AM »
Realize this is an old topic, but my new issue is on target:

Forced to de-install (erase) a WIN 7 Entreprise from a corporate machine on which MACH 3 / USB  / UC300 was working properly to replace it by a genuine (purchased) version of WIN 7 Pro 64.  The .NET Framework 2, 3, 3.5, 4 seem to be present, as shown by the registry editor.  Copied « old » MACH 3 installation. License file is re-cognized, program starts, but fails to identify the .DLL file required to communicate with the UC300 motion controller. The error message claims the file is defective.

Rue-download drivers needed for the UC300, and ran the installer. Obtained a new Mach3 version as well. With the new installation of Mach 3, different location on partition, same behavior with NEW, different .DLL. License file not recognized since not moved into new installation. At least this is coherent.

Could anyone savy with the WIN world point me to some steps I could take to move on ?

I feel this a WIN issue more than a Mach3/UC300 one, I cannot believe that all the .DLL provided by the UC300 vendor are suddenly corrupt.

Enjoy your WE, Philippe

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 02:52:51 AM »
I installed Mach3 on XP but had some screen errors I eventually realized were from the monitor.  I played around with Mach 3 so I know what the screens look like.  Meanwhile I upgraded to Windows 7, and reinstalled Mach 3.  Now I have a white screen with simple menus.  I also got two error messages "Unable to open Probediag.dat Error 5" and "Access to LastErrors.txt was denied".  Any ideas?

Has anyone been encountering the same issue any idea how to fix it?

Offline Filou

•  59 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 09:51:40 AM »

Forced to de-install (erase) a WIN 7 Entreprise from a corporate machine on which MACH 3 / USB  / UC300 was working properly to replace it by a genuine (purchased) version of WIN 7 Pro 64.  The .NET Framework 2, 3, 3.5, 4 seem to be present, as shown by the registry editor.  Copied « old » MACH 3 installation. License file is re-cognized, program starts, but fails to identify the .DLL file required to communicate with the UC300 motion controller. The error message claims the file is defective.

Rue-download drivers needed for the UC300, and ran the installer. Obtained a new Mach3 version as well. With the new installation of Mach 3, different location on partition, same behavior with NEW, different .DLL. License file not recognized since not moved into new installation. At least this is coherent.

Issue solved.

In short: Laptop / Win 7 Pro 64 fresh installation runs Mach 3 with UC300/USB motion controller.  :)

In detail: The message "defective DLL, please re-install" issued at startup of Mach 3 has a misleading touch. It points to a system issue (for example a missing resource) as well as to the possibility of a corrupt file. In my case, the UC300 was not yet connected, since I was trying to solve, step by step, all the system issues first.  As soon as I decided to connect the motion controller, Mach 3 established connection to the controller without error message.

The "defective DLL" message was maybe often seen when the required .NET Framework version was not installed on XP machines. This may also be confusing.