Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:51:59 AM

Author Topic: Ethernet ESS Mach3 and Buffer  (Read 3475 times)

Ethernet ESS Mach3 and Buffer
« on: September 11, 2018, 06:41:09 PM »
Ran into an interesting problem, ESS Ethernet and Mach3 the approved version.  All is fine... ran some pretty complex g code  from VCarve Pro; and Windows 7 Pro on a laptop setup for CNC, not connected to internet, no power saving  and etc. 

What happens, I a running a file, and decide I need to change something.  Stop (not Reset) raise the Z and Home.  Rewind the file otherwise start from Line 1, rezero again... Cycle Start but it tries to run from where the file was when I Stopped.  The cursor in the Screen shows Line 1.

So is the answer I need to exit M3, restart,  reload the file and start over, OR is there a way to clear the buffer in the ESS or what am I doing wrong.  This is a new setup, two months old pre built,  pre wired control panel from CNC Router Parts online, installed on a Fine Line Automation Saturn 2  4x4 machine.  This is not my first CNC but my second Mach3.

Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
Re: Ethernet ESS Mach3 and Buffer
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 10:14:27 PM »
After Rewind did you click on the Regen Toolpath button?
Tom
Re: Ethernet ESS Mach3 and Buffer
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 10:43:56 PM »
After Rewind did you click on the Regen Toolpath button?

No I did not, but I think I found the problem.  I was Stopping M3 wrong.  I was stupid and just used the Stop button and that does not run out the buffer.  Feed Hold and after it stops, then the Stop button do whatever and then Run from Line or Rewind or whatever.  I will try that tomorrow.  I thank you for taking the time to give me an answer.  :) I do not have a lot of experience with M3 and ESS.  Before when I ran CNC it was with DeskCNC a pretty decent serial/USB controller  but Very little support.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.