Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:33:08 AM

Author Topic: Problems with Galil_ST Galil MP3 ver 4.6 plugin  (Read 2831 times)

Problems with Galil_ST Galil MP3 ver 4.6 plugin
« on: September 10, 2018, 02:30:21 PM »
I have had a lot of grief with ver 4.6 plugin. For one thing, it will not let me config the plugin a second time, Mach3 locks up due to a time out error.

Second problem, the DROs do not seem to read the motor encoders the way they are supposed to. This often leads to gross position errors. Manually moving the motors does not change the encoder under any condition I could find. The DROs only change when the motor is commanded to move from Mach3, and will change on a G31 command or a jog command even with the power disconnected from the motors and therefore no motiion. A G31 X1 F30 command will move the X encoder to 1.000 even though the motor and encoder never move! This would be normal with a stepper motor since all the DROs have to work with is the number of pulses and direction sent to the stepper.

The DP counter in Galil SmartTerminal is being incremented during manual motor moves.

Ver 4.4 seems to work correctly in both regards mentioned above. Smurf seeems to have lost all his copies of ver 4.4, but I have a copy that I am willing to send anyone who sends me a private message with their e-mail address, or you can contact me at bbutcher85@yahoo.com. I do not check my private messages very often.
Bob Butcher

Re: Problems with Galil_ST Galil MP3 ver 4.6 plugin
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 11:10:23 AM »
Hello. Help please.  Need plugin Galil-st.m3p ver 4.4, for mach3 I will be very grateful, please share anyone.
E-mail:
andreyguisante@gmail.com