Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:30:13 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 locks up PC after using all available memory  (Read 1640 times)

Mach 4 locks up PC after using all available memory
« on: August 29, 2018, 08:49:08 AM »

Installation has been in production about 2 months.  the system is used 24 x 7.  Results are good with the solution, but we have to restart the Mach4 software several times a shift because the PC locks up.  Error messages points to some logging being done by Mach 4, but I don't know where to adjust or turn off the logging.  Memory usage for the Mach 4 process as shown in the task manager gets increasing larger with each machine cycle until the system grinds to a halt and has to be restarted.

Does anyone have some suggestions on how to manage the memory issues.

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 locks up PC after using all available memory
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 04:48:31 PM »
hawkidw,
There are no memory issues with V3804 like its predasessor V3481.
PC has 8 Gig Ram and 1 Meg Video on one and 8Gig and No Video card on the other.
Have run G-Code 2.5million lines.
I have run Mach4 with have a dozen programs at the same time with memory showing 100% all through the run and have had no issue in completing the G-Code run.
There must be some other issue.
I have turned off all plugins apart from Hicon on one M/C and Pendant and ESS on another.
mcLua/mcRegfile/unPlugin I have left in. You can leave in Sim plugin if you need it.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »
Mauri,

The version was upgraded from 3481 to 3870 and the memory issue still exists.  I did not try the V3804 version thinking the latest version would be ok.  Do you think the memory fix got backed out in the more recent version?  Do you have anymore suggestions?

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 04:58:19 PM »
hawkidw,
What controller are you using?
I have only used V3481 and V3804.
I cannot get access yet to the FTP Server ISP issues.
I have HiCON on my Mill and that's the one that just will not break no matter what I do with memory usage.
I have not performed a thorough memory test on the ESS yet, but will do in the next couple of days.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »
I am using Galil 4133 motion controller.  There is a loging feature in that plugin, but I have already disabled that one to fix memory consumption issue with it.  The Mach 4 GUI appears to be the culprit, but I don't know where to changing the logging.