Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2018, 06:35:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Third party software and hardware support forums.
| |-+  Galil (Moderators: smurph, kcrouch)
| | |-+  I need more inputs and output, can i find a I/O board and use it with galil?
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I need more inputs and output, can i find a I/O board and use it with galil?  (Read 734 times)
Wilde Racing

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2018, 02:27:13 PM »

I have a dmc-1842 and i have used up all of my I/O ports. Can i get a non galil expansion board and use it with galil? Also what boards would work? All i can find are boards that are primarily stepper drivers.

Please help Smiley
bbutcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 10:15:39 AM »

One solution, although a bit expensive is to find a DMC-185x, 186x, 187x, or 188x board. With 5 or more axes you get an additional 16 digital IO ports and I think a few more analog ports. You may need to use a separate ribbon cable connected to a second connector on the board inside the computer to access additional ports.
From the user guide: The DMC-1750 through DMC-1780 and DMC-1850 through DMC-1880 controllers provide interface
circuitry for 16 optoisolated inputs, 8 TTL inputs, 16 TTL outputs, and 8 analog inputs with 12-bit
ADC (16-bit optional).
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: