Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 07:07:03 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 demo will not load  (Read 1493 times)

Mach4 demo will not load
« on: July 25, 2018, 02:56:28 PM »
Hi all.  Using a Dell Inspiron laptop to take a look at Mach4 to see if I want to upgrade from Mach3.  Its an 8th gen I7 with 16GB RAM and Windows 10 Home.  I also tried it on a Microsoft Surface Book with I7 6th Gen with 16 GB RAM.  The demo will just load the screen fro selection of the profile, then, after selecting a profile, the screen disappears and nothing loads.  I'd tried running in Admin mode, turning off BitDefender AV, but nothing seems to work.  Most telling is that it is doing it on both machines.  Is something wrong with the latest Demo?
Thanks
Mike
Re: Mach4 demo will not load
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 03:32:38 PM »
Hello Mike,

We have had several Microsoft updates causing trouble for us lately, so I just updated my computer to verify that that wasn't to blame for the issue you're seeing. I'm all updated and able to load Mach4 without issue. The most common culprit is AV software. Are you sure that Bitdefender is completely disabled when you are using Mach4? You also mentioned running as administrator, which is something you definitely want to do. To clarify what I mean by "running as administrator," you should right-click the shortcut you use to open Mach4, go to Properties, Advanced, and select 'Run as Administrator.'

A fresh install might be a good idea as well. Make sure Bitdefender is disabled (I am not anti-Bitdefender by any means, but it is known to cause a world of headaches when used with Mach4) and reinstall. If that has no effect than we will keep digging.

Thank you,
Bryanna
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 06:02:45 PM »
Hi,

Is something wrong with the latest Demo?
There is no Demo version, but rather
just the standard Mach4, which will run for a limited time only until licenced.
The version you are running is exactly the same as I would run..... its just I have a licence.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 06:28:34 PM »
Same thing.  It runs in demo mode.  Whatever you call it, its not working.

Hi,

Is something wrong with the latest Demo?
There is no Demo version, but rather
just the standard Mach4, which will run for a limited time only until licenced.
The version you are running is exactly the same as I would run..... its just I have a licence.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 06:30:27 PM »
Thanks Bryanna,
No, still not working on either.  I even uninstalled BitDefender on one.
But my Mach machine, which is Windows 7, runs it fine with BitDefender.  It appears to be a Windows 10 issue.
Mike

Hello Mike,

We have had several Microsoft updates causing trouble for us lately, so I just updated my computer to verify that that wasn't to blame for the issue you're seeing. I'm all updated and able to load Mach4 without issue. The most common culprit is AV software. Are you sure that Bitdefender is completely disabled when you are using Mach4? You also mentioned running as administrator, which is something you definitely want to do. To clarify what I mean by "running as administrator," you should right-click the shortcut you use to open Mach4, go to Properties, Advanced, and select 'Run as Administrator.'

A fresh install might be a good idea as well. Make sure Bitdefender is disabled (I am not anti-Bitdefender by any means, but it is known to cause a world of headaches when used with Mach4) and reinstall. If that has no effect than we will keep digging.

Thank you,
Bryanna
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 08:19:52 AM »
Hello Mike,

There was a Windows 10 issue with Mach3, but that was corrected when a new patch was created and included in that installer. I have not heard of any other issues with Mach4 and Windows 10. If you'd like to send in a quick ticket at support.machsupport.com one of our techs can remote connect to your computer and try to diagnose what's going on.

Thank you,
Bryanna
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial