Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:55:02 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 to Windows 7 : Debug Report Crash  (Read 3377 times)

Mach 4 to Windows 7 : Debug Report Crash
« on: July 11, 2018, 02:12:24 PM »
I am transitioning to Mach 4 using Windows 7 SSD 3.16GHZ 4GB memory, and I am getting this debugging report. I have tried to suppress and follow through with the report, but the Mach 4 Demo freezes and will not continue loading. The computer I am running it on does not have an internet connection.

Thank You
Re: Mach 4 to Windows 7 : Debug Report Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 06:06:48 PM »
Hi,
sorry Dave , I've never seen that one before.

Recommend opening a support ticket with NFS, than can be a little slow but they do respond.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 08:50:26 PM »
Bryanna will say, "run Mach4 as administrator." Not just from an "administrator" account, but right click, Properties, Compatability, Run this program as administrator.
--
Tom
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 01:04:56 AM »
If the account is not an administrator? Can not Mach4 be used?

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 07:28:48 AM »
I think it CAN be run from a non-administrator account, but I'll defer to the experts! I was just suggesting to TRY that in Dave's case, as it's often what Bryanna suggests when requesting support for such issues.
--
Tom
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 08:24:22 AM »
Bryanna will say, "run Mach4 as administrator." Not just from an "administrator" account, but right click, Properties, Compatability, Run this program as administrator.

You know me so well! I'll add in that you may need to disable any third-party antivirus software. Many of them cause issues with various aspects of Mach4 and I recommend turning them off whenever you're using our software--especially during a cut.

Recommend opening a support ticket with NFS, than can be a little slow but they do respond.

We always respond and unless you catch us on a holiday, the vast majority of tickets are answered within a few hours. Mind you, we operate on the East Coast and we're in the office M-F, 8-5. I'd hate to think that some users might be discouraged from reaching out to the helpdesk because we "can be a little slow."

-Bryanna
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 10:59:21 AM »
Hi Bryanna--

Thanks for your reply.  My colleague who is trying to get Mach4 up and running initiated this thread from my computer here yesterday; I'm jumping in now just to add some clarifications and detail:

First, what we're doing generally, is trying to migrate to Mach4, since our current Mach3 system isn't reliable enough for us currently, despite my heroic attempts to tweak, optimize, debug, and stabilize it, over many months, going on a couple of years now.

So as to not tamper with the current Mach3 setup (which is making parts now even as I type this post), we're bringing up Mach4 on a separate computer.  It's maybe a little dated, but it has an Intel Core2Duo processor running at 3.16 GHz, and it's got 4GB of memory, so I believe this should be more than adequate for Mach4.  Also, we've installed a 120GB SanDisk SSD in the machine, which is formatted as just a single partition, because I'm trying to minimize file system latency, just based on the long saga of unreliability I've gone through with Mach3.  Anyway so I think this machine ought to work well for Mach4.

We've just installed a clean copy of Window 7 64-bit.  Then the Win7 Service Pack 1; then the chipset driver; then the graphics, Ethernet, and Audio drivers, so the motherboard has a complete set of drivers.

Then we've installed "Mach4 Hobby".  I've set it to run as an Administrator, as you suggested.

Also I've disabled Windows Firewall, as well as Windows Defender, which would be the only antivirus-like thing on this system at this point.

When we run Mach4GUI.exe and then select the Mach4Mill default profile, a progress bar appears, and advances maybe 2/3 of the way across; above it it first says (something like) "Loading Screen Elements", and then "Connecting Tool Paths".  At this point the program crashes, heads off into debug-report land, and freezes, so I have to use the task manager to kill the process.

This morning, we completely repartitioned the SSD and reinstalled everything again from scratch, but it just leads to this same exact result.

Any suggestions??

Thanks--

--dave
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »
Hello Dave,

What are the stats on your video card? Since you're getting to the point of screensets and toolpaths loading when it crashes, I'm wondering if that is too much for your video card to handle.

-Bryanna
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 11:48:52 AM »
Hi Bryanna--

We're not using a video card - just the onboard, built-in graphics capabilities of the motherboard.  So it's the Intel G41 chipset, with the stock Intel driver.  Which seems to be working completely fine for everything else; the machine is very quick and snappy and responsive, in every way.  Except Mach4 won't run.

--dave
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 03:02:58 PM »
Dave,

Mach4 is a very graphics intensive program. Our recommended requirements for using Mach4 include "video Card with 256MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)"

Are you running any other programs along with Mach4?

-Bryanna