Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:07:05 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 problems when moving.  (Read 5185 times)

Re: Mach4 problems when moving.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 01:07:30 AM »
Thank you, Craig.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 02:20:11 AM »
Mach4 should change the settings for the machine, and not change the machine for Mach4.

Hi Seregius,

I think everything in this world is financially driven - if you were a potentially enormous customer then the software would, I am sure, be changed to suit your machine and your requirements. However, in reality, we have to learn to adapt our machine's and their set-up's to suit the software that is currently available and if you choose Mach4 then Craig has made some excellent suggestions to achieve a compromise solution to your exact stop issue.

As I mentioned earlier Mach4 is under development and if enough users need it, the cycle stop function may well be modified in the future.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 06:56:12 AM »

Does the setting "Cycle Stop is Controlled Stop" have any effect on your machine?

Allan
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 10:26:42 AM »
Hi Tweakie.CNC ,
I think everything in this world is financially driven - if you were a potentially enormous customer then the software would, I am sure, be changed to suit your machine and your requirements. However, in reality, we have to learn to adapt our machine's and their set-up's to suit the software that is currently available and if you choose Mach4 then Craig has made some excellent suggestions to achieve a compromise solution to your exact stop issue.

As I mentioned earlier Mach4 is under development and if enough users need it, the cycle stop function may well be modified in the future.
I'm writing a message through Google translation, maybe I do not understand you correctly, and you, too, me.
It's right that Mach4 does not want to change for one buyer, just like the seller does not want to change the machine for one Mach4.
Which car the buyer chooses, I do this for the buyer. If the mach4 will be more ordered, I will buy more mach4.
Now mach3 choose more buyers than mach4.
I wrote why I will not change the settings of the servos. Most importantly, these settings work with other controllers and do not work with mach.
The greater the speed and acceleration of the laser cutting machine, the higher the servo settings must be for high cut quality.
This is not the main problem. I will delete this button. I asked if there is a solution.
I wrote two more problems that arise when moving.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 10:42:47 AM »
Hi Seregius,

Why not talk to Artsoft / NFS directly about the problems you see with Mach4. They can be easily contacted by the ticket system here;  http://www.machsupport.com/support/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 11:22:46 AM »
Hi Seregius,
<CycleStop> is effectively a crash stop and you insist that you tune your servos so aggressively that they fault when you crash stop.
You could tune them and STILL attain the current cut quality but REDUCE the aggressive crash stop so they don't fault.

Rather than learn how to tune your servos properly you blame Mach.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2018, 03:43:06 PM »
I'm just throwing this out there.  
A lot of machine tools only have a "cycle start" and a "feed hold" button, no cycle stop button, on our Johnfords for example, it has a Green Button that is Cycle Start and a Red Button that is Feed Hold and if it is pressed a second time then it acts a Cycle Stop.  The "Cycle Stop" occurs after "Reset" is pressed on other machine tools.  
If you want a faster Stop of Motion after Feed Hold you will need to tune your motors to handle the rapid deceleration.
Chad Byrd