Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:29:38 PM

Author Topic: Computer timing problem  (Read 3492 times)

Computer timing problem
« on: July 20, 2007, 06:32:23 PM »
Hello to all,

Mostly I am able to resolve computer problems by myself.
But now things are happening from which I cant figure out what is wrong.
First of all I have a Asrock motherboard P4V88 with a 2800 Mhz intel processor and 2GB memory and 80GB harddisk.
In the bios I dissabled everything which arent nescecary for Mach3, such network port, all apic futures and even my USB ports.
And I installed winXP quit straight forward, what I mean is, I left all the things which arent neccesary for Mach3 out, such as apic timer anf other stuff.

What's happening, is not a big issue. Bud its irritating me, because I cant figure out what is coursing this small problem.
With te new possibilty in Mach3 to change the pulse frequentie to max of 100Khz, the following appeard.
When I start the computer and Mach3 uptil a pulse frequentie of 60,000 hz everyting is normal.
But if I go higher the pulse frequentie, for example 100Khz possibilty, becomes unstable and starts jumping between 102,000 and 109,000 hz.  And the motors are running verry bad.
The funny part is, if I run the Mach Driver test before and I run then Mach3, the pulse frequentie locks nice on 102,something.
And the motors run smoot up till 3000rpm with now problem at all

Is there anybody who nows a solution for this problem?
Or couldt it be, that this is a nowing problem or a problem with this typr of motherboard which cant be solved?

Yours sincerely

Wotje
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 06:22:39 PM by wotje »