Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2018, 07:48:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Mach Discussion
| |-+  Mach3 under Vista
| | |-+  Change Inches to MMs
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Change Inches to MMs  (Read 654 times)
joeaverage

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 05:13:38 AM »

Hi,
that's tricky....I migrated to Mach4 about 18 months-2 years ago and Mach4 seldom suffers those sorts of faults.

I think you are going to have to reload Mach. Do you have a licence for Mach3?

Craig

My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!
eoinie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 05:56:19 AM »

OK so I got the Motors Tuning window to open after several restarts. I have the native units set as MMs. I have G21 in initialisation string.
When I launch Mach3 I see G21 in the Active Mode window but when I press re-set it changes to G20. The motors are displaying mm per minute on all axes. When I test the actual movment on e.g. Y axis an actual 1 inch tool movement shows as approx  4/100ths of an inch on the DRO
BTW I do have a Mach3 license.
eoinie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 06:24:50 AM »

Current situation is as follows:
I have a code with a G21 loaded. Native units show mm. Active Mode shows the G21. Motor tuning showing MMs per minute.However DROs are still inches and actual spindle movement is also in inches. I'm at sea here and in dire need of this machine.
Tweakie.CNC
CNC is only limited by our imagination.
Global Moderator

Super Kitty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 06:35:20 AM »

Hi Eoinie ,

Try the Axis Calibration feature (Settings screen).

Click 'Set Steps per Unit' and follow the on-screen instructions. (as you are working in metric units - if you command a movement of 30 then the DRO should increment 30.0000 and the axis movement should be 30 mm).

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
eoinie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 07:00:20 AM »

Thanks Tweakie. My problem here is that I have a Legacy custom screen which doesn't feature that settings screen. I have had issues with that before. I think I have on older version almost working now. However my lingering problem is that I still don't get a MM DRO. It works fine when I have  code loaded which contains the G21 but only then. My original setup was using metric even with no code loaded. I know its not critical and I'm a whole lot better off than I was but I would love to have it a completely metric interface for setting offsets, positioning etc.
Tweakie.CNC
CNC is only limited by our imagination.
Global Moderator

Super Kitty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »

Ahh well, it was just a thought.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: