Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:42:06 PM

Author Topic: Change Inches to MMs  (Read 7736 times)

Re: Change Inches to MMs
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 06:13:38 AM »
Hi,
that's tricky....I migrated to Mach4 about 18 months-2 years ago and Mach4 seldom suffers those sorts of faults.

I think you are going to have to reload Mach. Do you have a licence for Mach3?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 06:56:19 AM »
OK so I got the Motors Tuning window to open after several restarts. I have the native units set as MMs. I have G21 in initialisation string.
When I launch Mach3 I see G21 in the Active Mode window but when I press re-set it changes to G20. The motors are displaying mm per minute on all axes. When I test the actual movment on e.g. Y axis an actual 1 inch tool movement shows as approx  4/100ths of an inch on the DRO
BTW I do have a Mach3 license.
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 07:24:50 AM »
Current situation is as follows:
I have a code with a G21 loaded. Native units show mm. Active Mode shows the G21. Motor tuning showing MMs per minute.However DROs are still inches and actual spindle movement is also in inches. I'm at sea here and in dire need of this machine.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 07:35:20 AM »
Hi Eoinie ,

Try the Axis Calibration feature (Settings screen).

Click 'Set Steps per Unit' and follow the on-screen instructions. (as you are working in metric units - if you command a movement of 30 then the DRO should increment 30.0000 and the axis movement should be 30 mm).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 08:00:20 AM »
Thanks Tweakie. My problem here is that I have a Legacy custom screen which doesn't feature that settings screen. I have had issues with that before. I think I have on older version almost working now. However my lingering problem is that I still don't get a MM DRO. It works fine when I have  code loaded which contains the G21 but only then. My original setup was using metric even with no code loaded. I know its not critical and I'm a whole lot better off than I was but I would love to have it a completely metric interface for setting offsets, positioning etc.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 10:57:26 AM »
Ahh well, it was just a thought.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2018, 06:50:41 AM »
Hi,

I have a legacy Arty, my machine was in inches. I contacted customer support through email and Mosiah was very helpful updated my software and converted it to metric via Team Viewer. I am in Australia so Utah hours are my sleeping hours and I did not have to be at the pc. The feed DRO? could not be changed and remained in inches per foot, I have not been at the machine long enough to work out if the numbers actually relate to ft or mm. I also asked him to change the tool change position to the centre of the bed but the same centre position of the fixed touch off pad ie y = +300    x =  50.? centre of touch off plate, if you know what I mean. I seems easier to change the bits over there and it still touches off ok when setting up the auto tool change.

Cheers